• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

2016-02-14: Happy Valentine’s Day…. Special Offer

Hi everyone. For all those romantics, it is Valentine’s Day, for the less so, or the old married dogs out there, it is the day Australia got decimal currency…14th February 1966.

Other memorable events:

1400    Richard II of England Dies

1779    American Revolutionary War: The Battel of Kettle Creek

1879    Chilean troops occupy Antofagasta

1890    1st NSW vs South Australia cricket match

1895    Oscar Wilde’s “Importance of Being Earnest” opens in London

1919    The Polish-Soviet War begins

1946    Bank of England nationalised

My youngest turned 8 years old last week, and #1 and #2 daughters will be 12 and 10 years old in March. I sometimes feel as old as Mount Olympus. But I am hoping the girls will keep me alive like Tithonus. (A Greek who was granted eternal life but no eternal youth…there is the sting in the tail).

January/February traditionally are slow months, the western world is suffering from cold weather (sweltering here in the South), New Year Eve hangovers, resolutions and waiting for the factories to start the wheels of industry. The Chinese stop for their New Year (now the Monkey), the Spring festival and we in the watch world focus on Basel Watch Fair.

Before my Asian friends when on their break, they mentioned that their larger clients we rushing to get product ready for Basel. So my work is taking a back seat.

The new model has stalled. I am waiting on bezel #3. Someone forgot to send me a sample of bezel #3. So we wait. I expect things to move forward smoothly when I approve and sign off on bezel #3.

Bracelet Bob has not returned my latest email – but we will be discussing an additional clasp. And I expect some action on the new dials.

I have absorbed the price increases for 2015, but recent additional increases will necessitate price rises in 2016. But while I have stock of product/components I will honour 2015 prices until these run out. When will they run out…. I am estimating end of the month….

It still confuses me: while oil prices fall, TNT increase their shipping prices. Most local prices have also increased, with local stamps now $1.00 for less service – if you want the old service 2-3 days (that we used to pay 60cents), it is now called “premium” and one has to pay another 30cents.

For all those who order on this very special day (14th February 2016) I will include 2 Screw Bars and 2 Screwdrivers at no additional cost and hold 2015 pricing. While stocks last.

As an indication: I have some watches in stock, for the others it is made to order and shipped in the sequence of order receipt. But I will honour 2015 prices while stocks last.

When the world gets back to work after Basel, my new production methods will be implemented

Thank you all for being with me on the never ending journey of ups, downs and discovery.

Groeten – Salutations – Grüße – Saludos - 问候

Dan

PS…email is best…foxint@foxint.com.au

• Like 2

Hi Dan i just came across youre beautifully designed watches on youtube after what has seemed like a never ending search for the perfect sub homage style watch . Ive been going back and forth for several weeks trying to decide between  Steinhart, Squale, Glycene, and Armida and Im stoked that i stumbled upon your OWC milsub when i did, my search may finaly be over :) Its also great to find an Aussie based company dedicated to making high quality timepeices  (im in Albany western australia)

The snowflake milsub is just gorgeous,  such a simple great clean design, i cant wait to gaet my hands on one. Definately saving for this one. Keep up the great work

Mark ...