• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Watch Etiquette

Cosd

22 minutes ago, Pharmo said:

moving the topic in the right direction...   :partytime::partytime: how tight do you like to wear your wedding ring..here is was mine..

96179bbe-fede-465f-8a36-48f705cc26fa.jpg

You checked that finger for gangrene :laugh:    ouch.

Had mine made bigger as I errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr got musclier.

I like watches on straps or those with bracelets that have spring bars to make fine adjustments.

I don't like heavy watches that flop around on my wrist like Rowena's jewellery.:biggrin: How she puts up with those shackles in respect of fashion is beyond me.:laugh:

Something that can be adjusted to fit comfortably (in all temperatures) is a boon to me.

However, it's down to what floats your rug, of course.:wink:

• Like 2

Much of the above is down to personal taste and comfort rather than etiquette.  On leather straps I often insert an intermediate hole when one is too tight but the next one just too loose.  It probably shortens the effective life of the strap but as I don't wear any given watch too often that isn't a problem. 

My personal pet hate is seeing watches that are obviously far too large, where the lugs protrude way beyond the wearer's wrist.  However, etiquette and good breeding would preclude me from passing comment.:)

I'm in the pinkie brigade. Need a bit of movement, but not enough that it can slide right around. Works for me.

What I do find amusing is people (men, basically), who seem to be wearing their watch with all of the links in the bracelet (even though it is WAY too loose), presumably because they don't know how to take them out, or are too cheap or can't be bothered to take it in to a jeweller to have it done!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, apm101 said:

What I do find amusing is people (men, basically), who seem to be wearing their watch with all of the links in the bracelet (even though it is WAY too loose), presumably because they don't know how to take them out, or are too cheap or can't be bothered to take it in to a jeweller to have it done!

Or maybe it's possible they just like it that way and don't give a t@ss what some random strangers on the internet think

:laugh: :laugh:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cosd said:

I remember when i was young, used to see loads of people wearing their watch with the face under their wrist, so they used to turn their hand up to look at the watch!

Maybe it was a trend thing!

Anybody remember that? I haven't seen that in years.

I noticed that my eldest brother does this. It makes sense in some situations, e.g when reading I would have the wrist facing in, not down, however the moment you start using a computer keyboard it would just get in the way and bang around. Personally, i'll just wear it normally :)

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

Or maybe it's possible they just like it that way and don't give a t@ss what some random strangers on the internet think

:laugh: :laugh:

I think it's been asked before, in fact i know it has, but what is with the second bracelet i see in a lot of your photos that looks very similar to the bracelet on the rolex in said photo?

• Like 1