• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roy

Auction Software

Unfortunately it's not linked to the forum, there was no way I could have done this so you'll need to register. 

• Like 1

Roy I am using a iPad and when I go to sell a item I click the tab and three sections flags up and disappear with I a second so I Carnot click a section 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Iceblue said:

Roy I am using a iPad and when I go to sell a item I click the tab and three sections flags up and disappear with I a second so I Carnot click a section 

Yep, same problem with me, I'm also on an iPad and the drop down box for categories, when you click on it disappears to quickly to select one. I've tried quite a bit of the rest and it seems fine and functions quite well. I've tried search for things, bidding, playing around with my profile settings etc and it seems to work well.

• Like 2

okally dokally 

reg'd and bidding; are we just system testing or actually bidding and buying by the way ?????????????

i may be wrong but it you are a winning bidder and try and up your max bid it tells you you cannot bid lower than your previous max ... can someone confirm ?

Edited by Rotundus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Sheruncle said:

I'm bidding! :)

against me :laugh: you big spender you !   Roy  , is this going to be an a-nony-mouse auction or a trans-parent one ?

Edited by Rotundus
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Iceblue said:

I've fixed this :) 

1 minute ago, Rotundus said:

against me :laugh: you big spender you !   Roy  , is this going to be an a-nony-mouse auction or an open one ?

Let's just leave it open as well as testing, I'll honour the bidding but some have reserves. I'll upload a lot more stuff later in the week if it's all working ok.

Forgot to say that it's free for forum members, no charges for selling.

Feel free to put a few test auctions up to test the software just put test in the title so we know they are not live auctions.

• Like 2

Added a Seiko case and crown for sale not for test so seems to be fine now on the iPad cheers Roy 

I am registered & bidding :) 

Cheers Martin 

I think it could work Roy, . I suppose the confusion will come as it is a separate registration from membership,but you have to get lots registered, so it a matter of making it known.

This is a great idea Roy, I'm sure that it will do well when it gets known... I'm registered and will definitely have a go at using it. Best of luck with it... :)

Registered and bidding against the lot of ya!

Unlike the normal forum the auction site doesn't render very well on mobiles  (I'm currently using Android on a Samsung), meaning the buttons are very small for big fat thumbs like mine. You might also look at adding hyperlinks to the pictures as well. But it looks like a good idea and I'll try and add some bits that I would prefer to stay in the forum community rather than eBay (the last thing I sold on Ebay went to a forum member. I hadn't used ebay for so long my 800+ feedback had reverted to zero!)

Just wondering is the intention to eventually replace the sales section on here with the auction site? Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, just wondering :laugh: 

On 3/16/2016 at 08:08, graham1981 said:

Just wondering is the intention to eventually replace the sales section on here with the auction site? Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, just wondering :laugh: 

No it is not going to replace the sales section.

• Like 2

Guest Bruce
2 minutes ago, Roy said:

No it is not going to replace the sales section.

glad about that, my NOS Orient Sea king sold for 99p by auction yesterday :swoon:           :laugh:

2 hours ago, Bruce said:

glad about that, my NOS Orient Sea king sold for 99p by auction yesterday :swoon:           :laugh:

Oh dear, did you not put a reserve on it? It going to take a bit of time to take off.

Guest Bruce
4 minutes ago, Roy said:

Oh dear, did you not put a reserve on it? It going to take a bit of time to take off.

it wasn't for sale as far as i was concerned, i only listed it as an experiment to see how it all worked, luckily it wasn't real as it turned out to be a 24 hr listing and not 7 days.:wacko:

all a learning experience and the "buyer" didn't expect it anyway so no issues :thumbsup:

i think it could be really special :yes:

It is up to me to address the potential elephant in the room. 

One of the main arguments for this is keeping it in the forum.

Given it requires separate registration, how does this auction software take account of the sales section post count requirement. If anyone can register and bid, I would just set an eBay sale price/reserve, and then also make a thread with mates rates. The other consideration  is whether an auction should be considered legally binding? Do sellers have the right (moral or otherwise) to cancel an auction if something sells in the sales forum? 

Looks great Roy.

I expressed my concerns via PM but it actually looks much better than I could have imagined - reserve price is the key here I think. 

I've registered but not had a minute to list anything yet, I'll stick a cheapie on there shortly.   

Will there be a link directly from the watch forum to get onto there? It's the sort of thing that's quite easy to forget about unless prompted (for me, anyway).