• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
AVFC

discount shop

Hi ya.. has any one had dealings with the above outlet . They do a great price and say that no tax will be added for sales in UK.  Interested to know has anybody had dealings with them. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, AVFC said:

Hi ya.. has any one had dealings with the above outlet . They do a great price and say that no tax will be added for sales in UK.  Interested to know has anybody had dealings with them. :thumbsup:

avfc

got a bit more detail on shop ? I google "discount shop " and get loads of hits ?? link?

deano

If their website is anything to go by, I wouldn't be trusting them with my cash since the links don't work properly, for me at least.

The site is one in the USA, and what they actually say is  .. " US customers: There are NO duties/taxes for US customers. Non-US customers: There can be duties/taxes for international customers. Buyers are responsible for any applicable charges in their respective country.   "  So as usual from the USA you will pay VAT handling charge etc. etc. etc. which will whack the bill up considerably...  no free lunches I'm afraid... :)

As Mike says, if you're happy paying an extra 20% on top of their prices then go for it, but I suspect the prices won't look so good afterwards.

8 hours ago, AVFC said:

When I looked at their FAQs it just said there should not be any import/duty charges in most countries but if there are then that is down to the customer.. Maybe they were just referring to sales tax?

Ok. Thanks all for the reply. Interesting though I dropped them a tx about it and the reply came back that they send the item to their London branch and they send it on to the customer hence the no tax bit.. I wonder..

Anything valued over twenty quid attracts duty. They often put a low value on the declaration on the parcel......woe betide customs should open it :swoon:

On 18/03/2016 at 15:29, RWP said:

Anything valued over twenty quid attracts duty. They often put a low value on the declaration on the parcel......woe betide customs should open it :swoon:

Just to be pedantic, single watches do not attract import duty in the UK. There is, however, 20% VAT (plus possibly a handling fee) to pay.

• Like 1