• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
levon2807

Trading in watches - IWC for Rolex Sub

Hi all,

Long time no post for me. I've been in a pretty monogamous relationship with a 2014 model IWC Aquatimer. Problem is, I keep hankering after a vintage Rolex Sub. Having never had expensive watches before, I wanted to ask, if I do decide to go for a sub can I trade my IWC in against it? Is this a good option or should I private sale the IWC instead?

Cheers

By all means get a quote for trade in value at places such as watchfinder, but I think you'll find that you'll lose a significant amount of the resale value in the name of convenience. 

• Like 1

Sell the IWC privately then go along and haggle for a discount on the Rolex with cash on the hip. Watchfinder will knock money off the asking price , but I don't think they are to generous on trade in values 

• Like 1

In my opinion used Aquatimers are available quite cheaply. Obviously this depends on the model so assumes yours is a standard version and not one of the uber expensive ones.  

I'd suggest holding out for full price then adding cash to get a good original vintage sub rather than a trade. 

• Like 2