• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Here's a preview to something I'm woking on. : http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/classifieds/

This would not replace the sales section it would be a section showing items that are for sale and if sold they would be removed, giving a clear indication as to whats available on one structure page.

The page will allow one image upload but you would be able to add more images as you do here.

Entering new sales would be from this new page but the listing would automatically also be put in the normal sales section. A new sidebar showing whats available could also be put in the main forum.

Your thoughts are most welcome :) 

• Like 2

it look very clear and precise Roy I like how you can see an image of what is for sale straight away without having to click on the link . when the item for sale page is opened I see there is a photo of the left of the page of the item could that be clicked on to make the image bigger ? cheers John 

Looks good. I like the sidebar idea. You could make it so that it shows a certain amount of items (say 4) and they are generated randomly giving everyone an equal chance.

You could also add another item or two listed as premium which would always be visible, for people that will donate a small sum to the forum or something like that...

Edited by gimli

1 minute ago, jsud2002 said:

it look very clear and precise Roy I like how you can see an image of what is for sale straight away without having to click on the link . when the item for sale page is opened I see there is a photo of the left of the page of the item could that be clicked on to make the image bigger ? cheers John 

This is just a thumbnail image other images can be added in the editor in the normal way. I can look at making this new image larger.

I just like the idea of showing what's not sold and available rather than a long list of items in the main forum, a lot of which may be sold.

• Like 1

I've just copy and pasted Faze's Seiko in there to show how it would really look :) 

• Like 1

The idea of only showing items that are for sale and not showing items that have been sold is a very good idea .

so much easier :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I've just put a real watch for sale in the Classifieds to see it working.

Do we think there is any need to duplicate in the Sales section?

Shall we make this live and replace the sales section?

Up to now no one has said its not a good idea, I need your input as I'm ready to switch it over.

If I do a full switch over and remove the existing sales section then any watches you have for sale will have to be redone in the new Classifieds.

Will all members be able to access it Roy ? hope you are keeping the 50 post count before access is granted . 

16 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

Will all members be able to access it Roy ? hope you are keeping the 50 post count before access is granted . 

Yes still 50 post rule.

• Like 1

Right I'm closing down the watch sales forum and replacing with the classifieds, Please transfer any sales posts to the new section if the item is still up for sale.

When an item is sold then please delete the listing.

If it doesn't work then we can soon switch back as i'm leaving the old sales section up as read only for now :) 

I think it will be better this way as all items in the classifieds section will actually be still for sale. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I think it is a shame that sold items get deleted. These are a good resource for looking back to see what the market price of a newly offered watch could be (or one on ebay).

Could you put the sold ones into an accessible archive, rather than just deleting them?

-wotsch

• Like 1

Just now, wotsch said:

I think it is a shame that sold items get deleted. These are a good resource for looking back to see what the market price of a newly offered watch could be (or one on ebay).

Could you put the sold ones into an accessible archive, rather than just deleting them?

-wotsch

I have them being copied into the Old sales section :) 

• Like 1

Roy I have to ask this question.

What is the point of all this? The sales forum works well as it is - please don't try and fix what isn't broken.

As for this "Add New Record" thing, that really is starting to over complicate things. I should not have to insert a title in order to reply to a thread.

Please STOP over complicating things.

David

Guest Bruce
5 minutes ago, DJH584 said:

What is the point of all this? The sales forum works well as it is - please don't try and fix what isn't broken.

As for this "Add New Record" thing, that really is starting to over complicate things. I should not have to insert a title in order to reply to a thread.

David

personally i think this is simpler than the sales section, if you go in the classifieds and its not there then its not for sale. the sales section was a bit of a chore trawling through only to find what interested you was sold, this solves that

8 minutes ago, DJH584 said:

David

I was trying to improve things for both the seller and the buyer. Clicking add a record is no different to clicking start a new post.

• Like 1

Sorry Roy - this "New Record" system does not work for me. If I highlight someone's text and use the quote option - which is a great innovation - I do not expect to have to provide a title. Get rid of that mandatory field please.

Personally now I am using the classified I get it I was a bit unsure but it's new to me , unsure of the outcome but it depends on everybody using the facility provided 

We can try it and see, personally I think its a much better system, more professional and much easier to see what's actually for sale than trawling through a long list of pages.

• Like 6

First item sold through the new classifieds, interested to see here how easy it was, or painful :) ,for buyer and seller.? 

• Like 1

I like the look of it to be fair it's easier to use and delete the item once sold , that way no more wasted pm on items that have been sold weeks before:thumbsup: , anyway in the old days you didn't turn to page 3 in the sun to read the small print lol now you just see the picture of watches and if you like it click on the pic and read the description , well that's my opinion :partytime:

• Like 3