• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
graham1981

Error with unread content stream

Evening Roy,

I seem to be getting this error message when I click on the unread content button:

[[Template core/front/streams/streamItems is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure whether it's a problem my end or with the website itself? 

Edited by graham1981

11 minutes ago, graham1981 said:

Evening Roy,

I seem to be getting this error message when I click on the unread content button:

[[Template core/front/streams/streamItems is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure whether it's a problem my end or with the website itself? 

At a guess I would say you are not using the default forum theme.

I have it set to: Standard (default) and it was working earlier this evening?

Im on a laptop running windows 8

Edited by graham1981

I'm getting it too :yes:

Might have something to do with the classifieds update rewriting a portion of the script.

I had the same problem yesterday, but it is working fine this morning :thumbsup:

I blame Roy messing about with the sales corner :laugh:

I'm still looking into this, it might be the new classifieds messing the search up.

For the time being, just click content types in the filter section, and select topics instead of all content. Works fine for me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hughlle said:

For the time being, just click content types in the filter section, and select topics instead of all content. Works fine for me.

Works for me to, a good work around for the moment :thumbsup: 

Almost fixed now.  I just clicked on unread content and latest posts came up, but when I got to and clicked on, 'load more activity', an error message came up. 

Edited by Caller

It's a weird one because when I'm logged in as me there is nothing wrong, i'm still investigating.

I'm finding that when I first visit the site, the link works fine. If i click unread content again though, then it fails. 

4 minutes ago, Caller said:

Almost fixed now.  I just clicked on unread content and latest posts came up, but when I got to and clicked on, 'load more activity', an error message came up. 

Same for me now, the unread content comes up but clicking on 'load more activity' causes the error message.  Still, at least it's an improvement anyway, and Roy's efforts are very much appreciated (I don't think we say that enough)  :thumbsup:

Can someone please click on "mark site as read" and then let me know if they still get the error?

Just done it, seems to be working without an issue. Although that remains to be seen, just need some people to post so that there is something to go in the unread content page.

All working for me as well now, tried changing content I was looking for etc and it all seemed to work :thumbsup: 

Many thanks for looking into this Roy

• Like 1

The problem with the 'load more activity' seems to have returned. Same error message as above.

Has been working just fine for me, until I just tried it. I get  Error code: EX2

I am hedging my bets that this is simply because Roy is fiddling around at present.

Doesn't stop me though. I just have the unread content set up as a custom activity stream and it works just fine. 

Edited by hughlle
  • Like 1