• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Always"watching"

"I'll Be Back"; Sorry Arnie but I won't!!

I have just found out that Arnold Schwarzenegger has recently launched a range of watches, revealed at Baselworld 2015, in connection with, I believe, A Brazilian company. The watches are, in the main, big, bold, clumsy and pretty ugly. Yes, I've said it how I feel it is, and now I wait for Arnie to come and do me over.

Seriously though, if any member has acquired an Arnold Swarzzenegger watch then I would love to see a pic and have an opinion as to how good the watch is. Apparently the range is quite large and the watches are Swiss-made with sapphire crystal and have either automatic or quartz movements. Arnold wanted the watches to have substantial straps that would still be good after 40 years, so he is at least looking to his watches to be tough and reliable. Although I shouldn't admit it, I have recently taken a bit of a shine to some large and chunky watches...

I shan't be reviewing Arnold Schwarzenegger's watch products but I look forward to the member who does.

Arn old Scwarzenegger watch (pic from watchtime.com):

Schwazengger_Hero_GT38_wrist_560.jpg

Another chunk from Arnie's watch collection (pic from rackcdn.com):

3846357_arnold-schwarzenegger-previews-n

Edited by Always"watching"
  • Like 3

Just now, PC-Magician said:

I believe they can be used as wall clocks.

& that is supposed to make them more acceptable is it? :wacko::laugh:

• Like 2

not for me I m afraid, there big & bold and then  there is big & bold , but they is just ugly, sorry must be p.c nowadays , " I don't like them" should be the phase I believe:laugh:

bit like his acting all show and NO substance!

deano

Edited by deano1956
word

Apparently he is very serious about watches and has 50+ watches he can identify each one in the dark by touch alone.

I`m sure many Arnie fans will buy them, and i guess Americans tend to like big and bold things. I cant see his range doing well in Europe though.

I wonder how AP feel about this - he has always been associated with the Royal Oak Offshore (normally a gold jumbo on a rubber strap)

Big and bold seems just as common over here now.. I keep seeing people with what can only be described as wall clocks strapped to their wrists!

1 hour ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Nothing there I`d want to wear  thumbsdown_zps70jdmgas.gif~original

You're assuming you'll have some say in the matter! He'll appear like the Terminator, but instead of taking your clothes, he'll make you wear his watch. :tongue:

Later,
William

• Like 2

Saw these when he released them, really not to my taste and IMO just another 'fashion' watch brand trying to make a few ££

I'll just fleetingly give my honest opinion before bedtime,

they look sh*te!

Fox

Edited by Foxdog

I wear a 16" collar, it seems I will need 16" cuffs to wear these watches, if I don't wish to look like a knnob.:wink:

• Like 1

Guest Bruce

i have always like old Arnie, but i think he is better than these "things"..... maybe its like the Emperors new clothes 

10 hours ago, xellos99 said:

I`m sure many Arnie fans will buy them, and i guess Americans tend to like big and bold things. I cant see his range doing well in Europe though.

I can't picture anyone I know wearing one.  But I only know some of the Americans,  not all of them. 

15 hours ago, William_Wilson said:

You're assuming you'll have some say in the matter! He'll appear like the Terminator, but instead of taking your clothes, he'll make you wear his watch. :tongue:

Later,
William

PAH!! I`d refer him to my old babysitter (who by chance lives opposite me) she`d soon put him in his place:laugh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jdp said:

I can't picture anyone I know wearing one.  But I only know some of the Americans,  not all of them. 

Don't deny it, Americans love oversized things lol.

Put it this way, I have never seen a V8 engine in my life but I bet they are common as mud where you live ?

3 hours ago, hughlle said:

Still looks better than that dish plate russian monstrosity that sometimes gets posted on the forum :laugh:

Take care, the ice you`re stomping on is getting very thin...

Beware Thin ice safety sign

вмф ссср (`Vodolaz` Anchor-1 700M,full lume dial), Vostok cal.2409 17 jewels. 

DSC_0085_zps1cu0vydu.jpg~original

DSC_0078_zpsua5dqi3s.jpg~original

tongue2_zpsilgtivwq.gif~original  :laugh:

• Like 2

With that on, the ice could be 3 feet thick and one would still break through it :yes: the crown alone looks bigger than some watches I've seen :laugh: I assume that this watch has some kind of historical significance? Or is it just like it is because why ever not?

Edited by hughlle