• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Damo516

Watch storage

It was my birthday a few weeks ago and I was promised a display box for my collection so, after browsing the net I found this on amazon:

20160416_181218.jpg

20160416_181311.jpg

Really impressed so far as there was a couple of negative reviews but so far I cant fault it especially as it was on the cheaper side to some of the stuff I was looking at... Satin wood finish, glass top, 10 spaces and a drawer underneath :)

I'm now of to fill it and I'll post a pic later :band::toot:

• Like 7

Nice looking watch box :thumbsup: I have a couple of the smaller Mele & Co watch boxes and have been very pleased with them so far (had them 6 months or so)

Can't wait to see the picture of it filled up :yes: 

• Like 1

i kike to see watches nicely stored and displayed, but that says more about me and my ocd about keeping my thing as pristine as I can, than how people store there watches!:)

surprisingly I could fill the top tray now, which surprises me more than anybody, but 6 incoming since being on this forum should be no surprise :laugh:

deano

• Like 2

You cant beat the feeling getting something watch related for your birthday . Looking forward to seeing it with watches in 

• Like 2

Nice way to display watches and I hope the materials used in its construction will last well and won't eventually cause problems for the contents. I would love to display my watches in this way but because my collection is relatively large, I have to use a highly space-saving way to store my watches. That means using individual sealable bags in which I store my watches, placing any related battery in a small resealable which I then enclose with the watch in the larger bag. I am always aware that storing watches for any length of time requires periodic vigilance to ensure that there are no problems emerging due to the storage medium. 

Oh dear - have I been a bit OCD in this post? Sorry about that - and I repeat, nice way to store watches and I look forward to seeing what watches you decide to put in the box.

• Like 2

Smooth. I like the glass display. I would put some of those little silica bags or whatever they're called, in case it doesn't have any.

Good lookin watch box and a fine collection.

I now keep mine in two packs of these (advice from a forum member:thumbsup:) . Sorry you can't see the watches... but at least I know they are cosy :yes:

6-Pack-2.jpg?1455100166

• Like 2

Thank you all, feeling very satisfied now they are in the box.

Also took the spork bezel off, cleaned it, new gasket and grease and back together again, couple of strap changes too :)

Hahaha yeah I saw the post SBryantgb - nice collection of socks, sorry cant comment as I cant see the watches :laugh:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SBryantgb said:

Good lookin watch box and a fine collection.

I now keep mine in two packs of these (advice from a forum member:thumbsup:) . Sorry you can't see the watches... but at least I know they are cosy :yes:

6-Pack-2.jpg?1455100166

Ahhhhhh......too bright, no holes.  There is a skill to preserving watches in socks. First place them in the toe of the sock, twist, and fold the rest of the sock over the watch.  Then place the sock in a sock drawer where it will immediately become invisible.   Leave to mature for several years, then resurrect :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thank you :) not quite to the standard of most on here but still on its early stages and more likely to get added to it. Wether it's add to it or some out, some in, more than likely add to it for now until something falls out of favour then it'll be decision time lol

That case looks cracking - and even better (nearly) full of Seikos :thumbsup:

Out if interest, has anyone ever come across a solid aluminium case that works well for watches? I spent ages researching options on eBay, then managed to get one that has compartments too small for the majority of my watches (which average around 43mm).

I need something solid as it'll be doing a fair amount of travelling in the not too distant future, and clear - especially glass - lids are not terribly practical for that kind of activity.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And no, I can't just put them in socks... or can I?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AbingtonLad said:

That case looks cracking - and even better (nearly) full of Seikos :thumbsup:

Out if interest, has anyone ever come across a solid aluminium case that works well for watches? I spent ages researching options on eBay, then managed to get one that has compartments too small for the majority of my watches (which average around 43mm).

I need something solid as it'll be doing a fair amount of travelling in the not too distant future, and clear - especially glass - lids are not terribly practical for that kind of activity.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And no, I can't just put them in socks... or can I?

hi you thought about camera case type ally case, could be adapted to a good case for watch trans port? depends how may watches you are taking travelling ?

deano

Crystal-aluminium-hard-camera-photography-flight-carry-case-storage-box-black

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crystal-aluminium-hard-camera-photography-flight-carry-case-storage-box-black-/121485037228?hash=item1c49128eac:g:MKwAAOSw-vlVnWxV

• Like 1

I'm a one Omega man as opposed to Alpha Male, and it came as an Orphan...so It spends each night in an old glasses case...:sadwalk:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AbingtonLad said:

There's a slightly bigger one with foam inside that you cut yourself at Maplins...http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/flight-case-with-foam-n70ap

• Like 1

Thank you all :)

I did check on the Internet for aluminium cases but none had good reviews :(

@AbingtonLad the reason I went for this box along with what I thought was reasonably priced was the fact the compartment width was 50mm. Sorry I know it doesn't help with travelling but I found very little boxes with a width over 45mm, especially something that would be safe for travelling. 

The option above does look interesting though :yes: