UK Watch Forum banner

Sekonda club

6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Z0P 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Surprised not to see one of those here so here goes :)

#3 ·
A few of mine. :)

Quartz LCD Six & I think my only battery Sekonda. The rest are all mechanical.

image.jpg1_127.jpg

My first watch as an 8th birthday present, a fair few years ago now.

image.jpg1_89.jpg

Sekonda chronograph

image.jpg2_19.jpg

With calibre 3017 movement.

image.jpg1_56.jpg

Sekonda alarm watch

image.jpg6_8.jpg

& just a few others...

image.jpg2_52.jpg

image.jpg1_179.jpg

image.jpg5_12.jpg

image.jpg3_30.jpg

This one has a fantastic blue dial & I should really organise a strap to wear it regularly again. :yes:

image.jpg4_13.jpg

#12 ·
This Watch is the exact same my father wore for most of my childhood , he wore it on one those spring loaded stretchy stainless straps , one day it stopped working and he put it away never to be seen again , could you tell me the model no and specs as i'd like to try and source one please

#4 ·
I'm very glad to see that there is now a Watch Forum Sekonda club as I am a bit of a Sekonda collector. When it comes to collecting mechanical watches, Sekonda examples are still widely available at low prices, and for the quality of the watches they are amazingly good value. I also like quartz Sekondas and have many in my collection, including a number of chronographs. I see that you have now put that Sekonda steel chrono up for sale, dear carlgulliver, and I would hope that you have a taker for it. I already have a few Sekonda steel chronos, and I am now looking more for the one tenth of a second varieties, but your example is very nice. :)

#11 ·
Discovered this one when going through Ruthie's Dad's possessions after he passed away recently:

20210326_172226

I've sent a PM to @simon2 asking for an idea of cost to repair it, but not had a reply yet. Maybe Russian watches are not his thing, or perhaps he's too busy. Not really a problem, we're not in a rush to fix it, and Ruthie doesn't even remember her Dad wearing it, so not particularly sentimental either, but it would be great to see it running again anyway.

It only runs for a few secs when shaken, and the winder won't turn, so I guess it must be over wound, or maybe just needs a strip down and good clean inside. The hands move smoothly when the crown is pulled out, and the day/date changes fine, so I'm hoping it's not terminal and we can get it working again. The bracelet is quite unusual, and complete, but the clasp needs replacing. Might be easier to swap to a nice strap instead.

#14 ·
Am using an ancient old tablet that I can't figure out how to delete the others with , the one i'm referring to is the blue faced 23 jewel with the red second hand , the last one of the links in my original post although I don't remember my father's having the red seconds

#18 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I'm hoping fellow Sekonda lovers can advise me on this dilemma:

In 1990, Mum and I chose a new mechanical watch for Dad. A Sekonda USSR, 19 jewels model of a type that was very common - 35mm round case, clear white face. I've seen photos of them in this forum.

Dad took good care of it and wore it every day, until in 1991 he suddenly died. So, it had about a year of constant use, then nothing.

Fast forward to 30 years later.

I was sorting through their old house recently, and found this watch. It works really well and has kept perfect time ever since.

I'm in a difficult place financially and unable to afford a service at the moment. I've heard it's important to service them, to check for invisible issues and avoid unforeseen problems and harm, but also that leaving them in a drawer does them no good either. Of course it's already had 30 years in a drawer, untouched.

So my question is:

Until I can afford to have it checked over and serviced, should I be winding it and using it, or should I leave it alone, even though it's running fine? Just looking for opinions.

Thanks for reading.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.