• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi all,  I have recently purchased a Victorinox 241552 from Amazon, and would like some information from you kind people.  I am concerned that this watch is counterfeit due to its low price, and from information I have gathered from the internet.  I purchased the watch for under £200 and looking elsewhere, similar models are going for more than double.  Can anyone advise on the best course of action as I'm yet to receive the watch.  Thanks in advance

Guest Bruce
5 minutes ago, dazla35 said:

Hi all,  I have recently purchased a Victorinox 241552 from Amazon, and would like some information from you kind people.  I am concerned that this watch is counterfeit due to its low price, and from information I have gathered from the internet.  I purchased the watch for under £200 and looking elsewhere, similar models are going for more than double.  Can anyone advise on the best course of action as I'm yet to receive the watch.  Thanks in advance

i would wait and see what you get, Amazon will back you up if its a wrong one, if its the same as the pics then its genuine going by the subdial position, lovely watches and great value IMO, let us know how it transpires though i suspect you will be absolutely fine

If the seller is wristclocks , they seem to have very good feedback having just looked at the watch model on amazon.

If you're not happy with the watch when it arrives you are covered by distance buying law etc

Paul

• Like 1

Possibly just grey market. That is a genuine watch but with no proper warranty. Still bad but not as bad as copy. Infact many people buy grey market goods to save money and hope they don't break down. However sellers are not upfront about the facts in most cases and people buy them not knowing, usually people trying to buy the cheapest price they can find online.

Guest Bruce
3 minutes ago, xellos99 said:

Possibly just grey market. That is a genuine watch but with no proper warranty. Still bad but not as bad as copy. Infact many people buy grey market goods to save money and hope they don't break down. However sellers are not upfront about the facts in most cases and people buy them not knowing, usually people trying to buy the cheapest price they can find online.

what makes it grey market? it also has a 2 year warranty. the sale is fulfilled by amazon as well

5 minutes ago, Bruce said:

what makes it grey market? it also has a 2 year warranty. the sale is fulfilled by amazon as well

Authorised dealer receipt required if you plan on using the warranty with victorinox warranty centre.

Are watches etc an AD ?

DISCLAIMER

All guarantees are non-transferable and do not cover cosmetic damage, wear and tear, damage resulting from abuse, misuse, unauthorized repair or improper handling, common carrier damage, loss of use, loss of time or damage to the contents of your bag.

Shipping costs to our repair center are the responsibility of the owner. The original sales receipt verifying the date of purchase from an authorized retailer is required to validate your warranty coverage. Any repairs made will restore the intended functionality.

While repairs will be made professionally, we cannot guarantee the original appearance to be preserved. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or country to country.

I received my watch today and I am very pleased with it.  The watch and packaging seem to be authentic, but i would like to check the serial number for authenticity.  Does anyone know of a service to check serial numbers?  Thanks in advance

Guest Bruce
24 minutes ago, dazla35 said:

I received my watch today and I am very pleased with it.  The watch and packaging seem to be authentic, but i would like to check the serial number for authenticity.  Does anyone know of a service to check serial numbers?  Thanks in advance

i think you should relax and enjoy your watch, if it matches the pics and the subdials are in the same position with the same function then it is real,

Amazon would not get caught up with fakes IMO