• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Pantorwatches

Would you buy a new brand watch?

Why not? I bought a brand new watch in February. It didn't have THOSE specs, mind you.

Not always about technical specification, but sometime the materials and look can make one get out the credit card....

mike

Big no from me. Nothing wrong with the watch. Your fist post wasn't great, and there are some pretty angry old guys on here………* 

*Speaking for myself, obviously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pantorwatches said:

Guys, if there is watch, good quality, 1000meter waterproof,saphhire crystal, Japenese automatic movement, C3 luminova, 316L steel. BUT brand new, will you buy it?

To be honest, there are so many people now cobbling together watches from generic parts or having them made in China, with these sorts of specifications, that the market is getting absolutely saturated with them, so probably not.  It might also be better to try advertising them elsewhere than on the forum of someone who successfully produces watches, or at the very least, ask him first and pay for the privilege.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pantorwatches said:

Guys, if there is watch, good quality, 1000meter waterproof,saphhire crystal, Japenese automatic movement, C3 luminova, 316L steel. BUT brand new, will you buy it?

You've just described 1 of hundreds, if not thousands, of watches currently on the market. Nothing special so far. 

Why don't you hurry along and get to the point?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pantorwatches said:

Maybe if they were not sneakily trying to advertise yes, Not sure the mods will look kindly upon this!

@Bruce

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pantorwatches said:

I think you mean would we buy a New Brand rather than a brand new watch. If you took just a little time to read some of the forum threads then you would know that members buy new and used watches.

This post is just to try and get interest in your Seahorse watch and it is not the best way to go about it.

There is a section of the forum where companies can introduce their Brands but you may have to make a contribution to the forum - best to contact Roy as it is his forum. You might also consider sending a free sample to Roy and he will ask members to test it and write a report - Bruce, one of the mods, is very good at watch reviews.

At $599 you are in a competitive market and a review would help your sales providing the watch is good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pantorwatches said:

No.

:tongue:

Guest Bruce
38 minutes ago, richy176 said:

Bruce, one of the mods, is very good at watch reviews.

i already have :wink:

i think its a shame how they have introduced themselves on the forum, their watch is superb [ no exaggeration ], their website is good and clear, but language skills seems to be lacking

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

i already have :wink:

i think its a shame how they have introduced themselves on the forum, their watch is superb [ no exaggeration ], their website is good and clear, but language skills seems to be lacking

Great review Bruce - but better than a Seiko? Had you been sipping the Malt?

At least they did not try and slip in a link to their website but it would have been better to be more open. Maybe if they read your review then they will contact Roy to see about going in the Watch Manufacturer Forum.

Guest Bruce
2 minutes ago, richy176 said:

but better than a Seiko? Had you been sipping the Malt?

probably should have said at the price point, it certainly leaves the Sumo in its dust IMO, maybe i should offer mine up for review, i am convinced it would really surprise many

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

probably should have said at the price point, it certainly leaves the Sumo in its dust IMO, maybe i should offer mine up for review, i am convinced it would really surprise many

In some ways it would be interesting to have a `control' watch review that other reviews can be compared with.Maybe something like a Steinhart Ocean One as they seem popular on the forum.

Guest Bruce
6 minutes ago, richy176 said:

In some ways it would be interesting to have a `control' watch review that other reviews can be compared with.Maybe something like a Steinhart Ocean One as they seem popular on the forum.

agreed, the problem with reviews is they are quite personal to the reviewer 

here's another http://www.wristwatchreview.com/2013/07/03/review-pantor-seahorse/

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

agreed, the problem with reviews is they are quite personal to the reviewer 

Would work OK with the same reviewer - how would you rate this compared to the Deaumar or the Orange Milsub?

Also tricky to select a watch to benchmark against as that too is subjective. Benchmark anything against a steinhart ocean 1 and i'll personally consider the new watch to be better purely because it isn't a steinhart ocean 1 :)

Edited by hughlle
  • Like 1

Guest Bruce
1 minute ago, richy176 said:

Would work OK with the same reviewer - how would you rate this compared to the Deaumar or the Orange Milsub?

ahh now there's a question i have been avoiding :biggrin:

i was going to buy an OWC Milsub, the pantor has stopped me as for now its everything i could want and more, that's no negative against the milsub though as i think it too is an incredible timepiece and fair to say superior quality, it is more to do with my constantly wanting something else...........usually i am like a kid in a toy shop when it comes to watches, but i can honestly say the Pantor Seahorse is the watch i have worn the longest for many many years, i get bored easily and i get paranoid about wear and tear..............not at the moment though, but that could change when something else pops into view and i get the longing feeling we all know so well :biggrin:

i cant really comment on the Deaumar as it has changed considerably since i had it in my sweaty hands :wink: