• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
fenns

RLT 31 coming up

Greetings All - I've been away from the forum for a few years now but a friend has asked me to sell the RLT 31 I originally sourced for him.

To be frank I have no real idea of what constitutes a fair price for such a piece and I would rather offer it to forum members who have provided me with much of my current collection rather than offer it via the 'bay. That said, I don't want him to lose out so rather than embark on an unofficial auction I would appreciate opinions on a price of £750 ?

It was treated to a full clean & service exactly a year ago  (£250) by some chap called Richard Askham who seems fairly well respected in horological circles  :laugh:  - photos of his work etc. available.

What do you think - fair, unfair, give away? I try and spot those trying to take advantage in this regard :laugh:

Simon

Lets be polite, it seems an optimistic price, even for a 7751 triple date, but of course the value of the recent service should be taken into account as a plus. I should think it will struggle at that level and if it were me would start at least £200 lower and be prepared to listen to offers. 

That said, if you think it is worth it then create a sales thread at the level you think appropriate and let the market decide. If it doesn't get a sniff then you have your answer.

Edited by Padders

Well I was just about to explain/justify the pricing but then noticed I'd once more suffered 'fat finger' .... er, £550 not £750 :laugh: :laugh:

That was factoring in the recent  service by a pro and based on Roy's original price ... plus you can't get them anymore. I concur with Padders it seems.

Please keep opinions coming...

• Like 2

I think that's a decent price for it considering the spec and rarity . Good luck with the sale, beautiful watch.