• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roy

Next Watch

I have a load of New old stock ESA 9157 Movements and fancy doing something with them, maybe an RLT Spaceview, watch this space :) 

$_1.JPG

• Like 8

Just now, Krispy said:

Now you're talking! Put me on the list!

Will do Dave, have some cases coming this week just hope the movements will fit. I'm working on making a chapter ring for them, can't decide if to remove the calendar but I may have to, we will see, more news soon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Roy said:

Will do Dave, have some cases coming this week just hope the movements will fit. I'm working on making a chapter ring for them, can't decide if to remove the calendar but I may have to, we will see, more news soon.

Sorry Boss, in my excitement my manners appear to have escaped me.  I of course meant add me to the list, please and thank you!

If it's to be a spaceview, wouldn't you have to remove the calendar? (excuse my ignorance).

Making your own chapter rings sounds like this could be a special one and special build - plenty of pics along the way please!

• Like 2

Hi Roy, that sounds fantastic - I adore spaceviews and know you have a thing for them too. I'd love to see the results.

5 minutes ago, PC-Magician said:

What sort of case are you thinking of Roy?

40mm steel, that's all I can say at the moment. Waiting for some cases to arrive which I'm hoping these electric movements will fit. If not I'll have to find something else. 

• Like 2

A great re-interpretation and re-utilisation of some vintage technology.  I'd certainly be interested in one of these.

I'm really excited about this one. Still don't know how I'm going to do it as all I have at the moment is the movements but I've got loads of ideas. These movements are bigger than the ones commonly used today but smaller than the Unitas, so just hoping they fit the cases I've bought :thumbsup:

• Like 1

We've every faith in you Roy!

If you're going the Spaceview route, does that mean you're thinking of printing onto the crystal?

3 minutes ago, Krispy said:

We've every faith in you Roy!

If you're going the Spaceview route, does that mean you're thinking of printing onto the crystal?

Maybe Dave, I really don't know yet, not got that far. It is a possibility :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Roy said:

@Roy, I've got some NOS 9159 movements...that have no calendar 'cause they were for the Gruen (and a few others) below, but otherwise same as 9157/8

Gruen Electronic (ESA 9159)

• Like 4

That Gruen looks really nice Paul. The I've got well over a hundred NOS 9157 movements. I will just remove the calendar. Got so many ideas for these. I can't wait to start :)

• Like 2

A new balance wheel electric watch. In the 21st century! Bonkers but wonderful. Count me in as long as it looks right.

Anything with space in it got me interested :)

Now I'm getting carried away with space and view based options!

Ooo, sounds interesting. 40mm steel case a good size too. What's the lug size? Daft question, Would the dial be printed inside or outside on the crystal?

3 hours ago, Roy said:

That Gruen looks really nice Paul. The I've got well over a hundred NOS 9157 movements. I will just remove the calendar. Got so many ideas for these. I can't wait to start :)

Are you going to open up any of the top plates @Roy? i.e. skeletonise it?  

Edited by Silver Hawk