• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

account delete

I'd like to delete my account if possible - if a mod could do that I'd be grateful

Thanks

Guest Bruce

as far as i am aware ..you cant, just stop using it, that will have the same effect

although its a shame you want to leave

I recall vaguely that Roy can make an account go poof. I think there is a sort of hierarchical post delete but I don't think it removes posts quoted within other posts. On the other hand I may be simply flashing back to the late 70s. :wink: 

Later,
William

I think one of the mods said they wouldn't be doing this anymore and and members should just stop posting if they lost interest.

2 posts including this one hardly amounts to much anyway:wink:

It is incumbent on the data holder to remove any personal details stored when a request like this is made.

Account deleted.

Guest Bruce
27 minutes ago, Krispy said:

It is incumbent on the data holder to remove any personal details stored when a request like this is made.

Account deleted.

unfortunately i was informed otherwise :yes: we learn something new everyday......cant be bad eh?

I think ALL forum softwares have to have this inbuilt now because of Data laws in various parts of the world. I know my new TIMEX one has it, and three days in and I've had to use it to rid a troll! :bash:

'twas a bit of a bludger to find it.  I also found I can set folks who go inactive to auto delete after set periods of inactivity - - must go and post some more - - - or I'll auto delete  (painful :yes: )

28 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

Who was it? I don't recall seeing "Guest" active... :biggrin:

Just been through the logs and it was a member called :  GoldSpanner

They were only a member for two weeks, first I've seen of this, I was not involved so do not know the reasons why.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2016 at 20:11, Krispy said:

Account deleted.

So I guess this forum doesn't fall under s36? It is also a bit of a minefield given that one may ask for an account to be deleted, yet it seems that it's only if the site itself started posting data pertaining to the individual that they have a right to have it removed. If they publicly post the data themselves then it gets a bit iffy. Last I read you'd be required to delete the account, i.e remove his name etc, but there is no requirement to remove user posts as they chose to make that publicly available, not the forum management. 

I'm most likely wrong though, the government certainly don't like people to understand their laws, that wouldn't do them any good at all.

12 minutes ago, Roy said:

Just been through the logs and it was a member called :  GoldSpanner

They were only a member for two weeks, first I've seen of this, I was not involved so do not know the reasons why.

Aaaah goldspanner, the forum is a darker place without you. 

On 5/14/2016 at 20:11, Krispy said:

Account deleted.

Hi my name is "mach 0.0013137" please delete my account :partytime:

(did I get away with that)

3 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Hi my name is "mach 0.0013137" please delete my account :partytime:

(did I get away with that)

No but its funny :laugh: