• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Pocket watch circa 1825

Can anyone tell me anything about this pocket watch.  I have searched the Internet but with no joy.

I believe the movement to be engraved Jn Frans et Bonnet from what I can make out.

Any information is much appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi,

It looks older than circa 1820s and more like an 18th century continental pocket watch.

I'm afraid I can't help too much with who made the watch. I did however find this...

http://www.invaluable.co.uk/auction-lot/four-color-gold-jn.-frs.-ete.-bonnet-a-geneve.-191-c-b803faf269

.......which would appear to relate to the same maker.

Possibly from there you may be able to make a bit of progress with your research.  :yes:

Welcome to the forum Jonsdl

That is a lovely looking watch. I would be proud to have that in my pocket watch collection. Do you have the key to wind it?

Unfortunately, this forum is more geared to wristwatches rather than pocket watches although we do have  a dedicated pocket watch section.

Without disrespect to this forum, I would suggest the following:

1. Join the NAWCC as a registered member.

2, INTRODUCE yourself - you didn't do that here. On the NAWCC it WILL be expected otherwise you may be be ignored.
Having said that provided you follow the above and post in the right section of that forum, you may well find the answers you are looking for.

The NAWCC stands for the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors. It is a very good forum and is more geared to pocket watches and clocks.

Hopefully you will be able to find the answers you are looking for and if you do, please come back and post them here in your thread.

Regards

David

Thank you both for your replies.  Since positing I have seen several similar watches (case style and dial) but slightly different movement.  I also came to the conclusion that it is older than first thought.

Yes, I have both keys for the watch and it runs perfectly.