• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mind

Good quality watch?

As an aside I wonder how many new members make one appearance, are " done", then disappear. :laugh:

• Like 1

Guest Bruce
9 minutes ago, Mind said:

Well i just started to get interested in mechanical watches.

what is wrong with my question?

to be honest you would be better to introduce yourself first otherwise you just come across as another in a long line of people who promote their own projects

as for the watch, its ok, but just another generic design.......nothing particularly different IMO 

43 minutes ago, Mind said:

Can someone give me some advices about the quality of this watch?

Nobody on here will be able to give you any advice about the quality of this watch because it doesn't exist yet...   It's a nice enough looking thing in the photos, with a fairly safe and conservative design.  Nothing different to a million other brands out there though.  Not earth shattering, but it's quite good looking anyway.

I can give you some advice about your Kickstarter pitch though (Is it safe to assume that you are either Thierry Clottu, or someone involved with him in this project?).  Firstly, the writing is dreadful, and is littered with mistakes in the grammer, which looks really bad considering how much is at stake here.  It is clearly written by a non-native speaker, which is fine, but it should have been thoroughly proof read and edited by a native speaker before being let loose into the public domain. This is a poor representation of your/their company, and reflects on the perception of quality that people can expect from you/the company.  The presentation of the pitch looks at first glance to be quite slick, but is badly let down by the written content, and personally I was finding it extremely irritating by the time I'd read about half way through.  And I haven't even got to the worst part........... Let's be honest, the name is terrible... :thumbdown:  Nobody in their right mind will be wearing a "Done" watch on their wrist, apart from the initial investers - who, I suspect, are in it for the novelty value, and maybe some form of bragging rights.  I predict that unless the name is changed, this brand will sink without trace, which is a shame because it all looks quite promising on the surface.  I'd love to see this on Dragon's Den, I'm sure the guys on there would have plenty to say, especially about the name :tongue:

The only way you/they will get an opinion of the quality from anyone on here would be to send a finished watch to Roy (the forum owner) and allow him to send it round to a few members for an honest evaluation.  Several companies have been brave enough to do this, and if the product is good enough it can generate a lot of interest.

Sorry if that all sounds a bit negative, but you did ask for advice, so that's what I've given :yes:

• Like 4

Well, I'm not going to sit on the fence. I hate the design, I think it's awful. And I gave up scrolling down the page as it's never ending.

Edited by Caller

Guest Bruce
24 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Nobody on here will be able to give you any advice about the quality of this watch because it doesn't exist yet...   It's a nice enough looking thing in the photos, with a fairly safe and conservative design.  Nothing different to a million other brands out there though.  Not earth shattering, but it's quite good looking anyway.

I can give you some advice about your Kickstarter pitch though (Is it safe to assume that you are either Thierry Clottu, or someone involved with him in this project?).  Firstly, the writing is dreadful, and is littered with mistakes in the grammer, which looks really bad considering how much is at stake here.  It is clearly written by a non-native speaker, which is fine, but it should have been thoroughly proof read and edited by a native speaker before being let loose into the public domain. This is a poor representation of your/their company, and reflects on the perception of quality that people can expect from you/the company.  The presentation of the pitch looks at first glance to be quite slick, but is badly let down by the written content, and personally I was finding it extremely irritating by the time I'd read about half way through.  And I haven't even got to the worst part........... Let's be honest, the name is terrible... :thumbdown:  Nobody in their right mind will be wearing a "Done" watch on their wrist, apart from the initial investers - who, I suspect, are in it for the novelty value, and maybe some form of bragging rights.  I predict that unless the name is changed, this brand will sink without trace, which is a shame because it all looks quite promising on the surface.  I'd love to see this on Dragon's Den, I'm sure the guys on there would have plenty to say, especially about the name :tongue:

The only way you/they will get an opinion of the quality from anyone on here would be to send a finished watch to Roy (the forum owner) and allow him to send it round to a few members for an honest evaluation.  Several companies have been brave enough to do this, and if the product is good enough it can generate a lot of interest.

Sorry if that all sounds a bit negative, but you did ask for advice, so that's what I've given :yes:

what do you mean Davey ?  :laugh:

Just now, Bruce said:

what do you mean Davey ?  :laugh:

Nothing wrong with a bit of straight talking... :tongue:

• Like 1

Guest Bruce
Just now, Davey P said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of straight talking... :tongue:

i cant disagree with anything you said :thumbsup:  not bad for someone who lives in a tent :yes:

Done is a terrible name for watch.  When someone can buy a watch that tells the time for 20CHF, and they are spending 500CHF+, it does sound like you are laughing at them

the design and spec isn't bad, but twice the price of a G Gerlach

• Like 1

Just now, Bruce said:

i cant disagree with anything you said :thumbsup:  not bad for someone who lives in a tent :yes:

I might have made that bit up (about the tent, I mean....) :whistling:

• Like 1

I've backed several KickStarter projects in the past.  I've done so because the products have offered something unique, something that sets them aside from the rest of the competition in that sector, and where the standard and quality of the sales pitch is top notch.

Sorry, but for me this ticks none of those boxes.  I'm out.

J

38 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I might have made that bit up (about the tent, I mean....) :whistling:

And I wrote to Shelter Box about you Davey:)

55 minutes ago, JimboJames1972 said:

Sorry, but for me this ticks none of those boxes.  I'm out.

Get it right mate, in this case you're supposed to say "I'm Done" :whistling:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

Firstly, the writing is dreadful, and is littered with mistakes in the grammer

Sorry Davey, but I have to point out... it's spelt 'grammar' :laugh:

• Like 3

Just now, AbingtonLad said:

I did that on purpose to make a point, obviously..... :yes:

• Like 2

I can see how the name has been derived, but it doesn't work for English speaking countries because obviously the word Done has certain connotations attached to it (in my opinion) , so the names a bit of a miss for me I'm afraid. The design is ok but unfortunately in todays market you are competing against thousands of other already well established brands and models and it just doesn't have that 'something' that makes it stand out for me. That being said it doesn't mean others won't find it appealing and with that in mind I wish you all the best with the venture :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

Good one Davey -

2 hours ago, AbingtonLad said:

I fort it woz spelled :toot:

Guest Bruce
4 minutes ago, mel said:

Good one Davey -

I fort it woz spelled :toot:

ee's fwom Laaandun Mel :laugh:

12 hours ago, Davey P said:

Doh!  I knew their would be an explanation... 

:wink: