• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
foxint

2016-06-17: 30th June End of Financial Year Down Under

Hi everyone,

My apologies for another OWC News. But it is end of Financial Year and I would like to end and I thought you may like to know the results of the Odyssey in Quartz.

As I indicated, I have been calculating more accurate pricing for the models as new components come on line. One thing that became obvious is that watches with the ST-1812 are under-priced and this needs rectification. But I will not make any prices rises until next month.

In an effort to whip up some end of financial year madness, I will retain the current pricing (yes on the ST-1812 as well) and I may have some specially priced pieces. As you know all my watches are made to order and shipped in the sequence of order receipt. I have a couple in the drawer. For anyone who orders and pays a USD50.00 deposit, I will hold the prices, although you will get the watch in the New Financial Year.

I have made a small modification in the Puzzle Box and they will be sending me a sample soon…. The Box Chick has left and now I have the Box Man. He seems a nice bloke, she sent me a photo of his Labrador…Dog Man, so he has to be good…ha-ha.

We are moving into winter and regularly wake up to zero degrees. This morning the visibility was 10m if it was a centimetre.  We went to school this morning and the whole school had disappeared into the mist…just like being in Narnia – (yes I keep trying to loose myself in the wardrobe, but nothing works).

Oh yes can you make: 40mm Diver - Sapphire Crystal - SuperLumiNova lumen – Date - Lug holes - Good level of finish.

Thank you for all who responded: there was an overwhelming response of no, quartz is cheap and if you produce a quartz it has to be cheap. I totally understand and respect the voices of the troops. But I was asked and it was an interesting exercise.

But what I am taking away from the exercise is: if …if it happens it will be at the top end of the quartz hierarchy. So there will be no CHF6.00 1 or no jewelled movement as I think this is not a good use for my cases to be a vessel for a cheap engine. Practically (in my mind) the only quartz that is available is the ETA 7 jewel Thermo-compensated. ETA said I could buy a sample. It will be interesting, if nothing else

Amongst the end of year madness, I have 1 (one only) MS-9411 Snowflake Blue/Blue No date, Soprod with some scratches on the back (that I now cannot find, but I did write a note to self with “back scratches”). This I am offering at USD975.00 with the Screw Bars & Torx screwdriver and delivery (VAT etc. for your account).

Friday night, no school tomorrow and if the rain continues no netball…yippee. I am not your average “soccer dad” (is that a term…. or have I opened a whole news Politically Incorrect can of worms) …not really getting off standing in the cold watching sports. Oh…yes a Red soon after I make the Kinderfocken dinner

Dan