• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roy

RLT 36 Nautilus Review

A great read and great watch Roy with the limited number I wonder who still has them on the forum 

i was looking at the size and movemnt etc and then remembered the rlt reference and library page :thumbsup:

RLT36 "Nautilus":  A limited edition of twenty-one pieces featuring an engraved Nautilus motif (designed by Born) applied to the screw-on back of the 200 metre water-resistant, 40mm all steel case, the crown and the bracelet clasp.  Available with either a divers style or 12-hour bezel, the watch is powered by a Swiss made, ETA 2824-2, 25 jewel automatic movement with quick setting date, white on black date wheel and hacking seconds.  The crystal is sapphire and the bracelet is Swiss made with screwed links and wetsuit extension.  Supplied in an orange, "Nautilus" logo box.

• Like 1

I was aware of that but great to read again. This is without doubt my favourite RLT and it would be great if a version 2, not a copy of the original, could be created, as I think there would be huge demand for it and I'd be first in the queue!

Many thanks for posting that very interesting link Roy, and I enjoyed reading the review. I am surprised that you haven't produced more dive models over the years and that Nautilus is indeed a rather nice timepiece. One of the things thing I like about RLT watches is that the styles and designs have a maturity about them that somehow echoes traditional British engineering and product values. :)

• Like 1

I wrote that! ( some of it ) :biggrin:

Great days........ Shame the year was obscured on the card photo, I dread to think how long ago it was..

• Like 4

Holy thread resurrection....

Is there much love for these still on here? I've a pretty much mint full set example which I picked up a few years ago from Alastair if I remember correctly and I've just never worn it much because it was mint. No idea what it's worth now, guessing less than an LV desire being much rarer!

9P519Zz.jpg

How many are left on here?

Edited by deepreddave
  • Like 1

YES, I remember them could not afford one then and most probably could not afford one now great looking watch.

In July 2006, Roy unexpectedly posted a picture of a one off dive watch he had built based on an Ollech & Wajs ID3077

I bought it off Roy, according to my records it was based on the ID3066, hopefully Roy can clear this up :huh:

O&W/RLT ID3066, ETA 2824-2 25 Jewels.

OWID3066a.jpg

Btw, it is still in my possession & aint going anywhere any time soon :biggrin:

I

20 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I did have No. 15 for a while....sadly this is the only pic I have of it now, in the watch box, bottom row, middle.

Watch box.

It's being well looked after and back on the bracelet again! I provided the full ownership record of this watch on the thread I wrote when I got it. I haven't the time to look for that right now. I wonder if 15 is the only one kept outside of the UK?

IMG_0184-009.jpg

Edited by Caller.

2 hours ago, Caller. said:

It's being well looked after and back on the bracelet again! I provided the full ownership record of this watch on the thread I wrote when I got it. I haven't the time to look for that right now. I wonder if 15 is the only one kept outside of the UK?

Your thread is here, Phil, and I can confirm that I was the third owner . If you look closely at the pic of the watch in my watch box above (enlarge if you're using a tablet) you will see that it still has the Mercedes handset. I asked Roy if he still had some original hands, and luckily, he did, and changed them back for me.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just an update, and an explanation as to why Hugh might have been vexed by the second hand. When I asked Roy to change the hands back to the original ones, he informed me that he didn't have any of the original seconds hands left, but would use a very similar one. If you didn't already know, you wouldn't notice, but if you look closely, you will see that the stub end of the hand is slightly narrower than the originals were. It never bothered me in the slightest, I was just happy that the watch looked brilliant again. If you look at the watch box shot again, you will notice that there is no cyclops...I didn't remove it, so I guess that Fulminata, having added it, also removed it.