• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Setting date on Invicta watch

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here.

I was recently gifted a Invicta I-Force Quartz watch (model no. 13010). I have been trying to set the date on this watch by pulling the crown to position 1 as per the manual; but however delicately I try, I always end up in position 2. Is there a knack to do this or am I doing it completely wrong? If anyone here could advice please?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The ease with which the different crown positions can be found varies quite alot. In my experience, this variation can be down to the age of the watch (older = more slack, harder to find), and the movement itself. In general, I would say that higher quality movements tend to be more precise and therefore it's easier to find the correct position. Less expensive movements tend to have either more slack, or in some cases can be really tight to move, or have little to differentiate where the different positions are.

Your Invicta is not a high-end watch, but also not a cheapie, so maybe it's faulty, if you're finding it that difficult? 

• Like 1

thanks apm101 for your response. 

Even I felt that it was an issue with the watch. Since then I have replaced it twice, now I am on my 3rd watch and dont have the courage to go back and ask for another replacement. I must have started looking stupid/time waster to the seller by now.

1 hour ago, RWP said:

Just gently move it even if you don't get a click.  They are all different.  It'll work :toot:

Unfortunately not in my case. I did ask few of my friends to try their luck as well but it simply wouldnt work.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Toddy101 said:

Maybe a daft question but have you tried pulling the crown out fully then moving it back in to position 1? With one of my watches this is the easiest way to find it.

been there, done that too. I am thinking of heading to a Invicta service centre to figure this out now.

5 minutes ago, apm101 said:

Where did you get it from? Sounds like it's either a faulty batch, or an inherent weakness. We can certainly help you choose a replacement... :partytime:

Cousin bought it from Amazon. Even he is feeling bad for the issue...

Try this mate:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's how it works: you have a large crown on the right-hand side, and above that, a recessed button. Pulling the crown all the way out allows you to set the time, and that's how you set the day of the week as well - just spin the hands until you arrive at the correct day of the week (and time within that day). Keep in mind that, since the watch is tracking both the date and the day, you need to treat setting the watch like it's military time - there IS a difference between 10:15AM and 10:15PM! Just spin the hands to 12 o'clock and see if the day and date advance; you'll know which one is which then. To set the date, use a ball-point pen and click the recessed button in. Each click will move the date one forward. Definitely set the time and day before the date, as if you advance the hands enough, the date will of course move on its own.

3 minutes ago, Toddy101 said:

Try this mate:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's how it works: you have a large crown on the right-hand side, and above that, a recessed button. Pulling the crown all the way out allows you to set the time, and that's how you set the day of the week as well - just spin the hands until you arrive at the correct day of the week (and time within that day). Keep in mind that, since the watch is tracking both the date and the day, you need to treat setting the watch like it's military time - there IS a difference between 10:15AM and 10:15PM! Just spin the hands to 12 o'clock and see if the day and date advance; you'll know which one is which then. To set the date, use a ball-point pen and click the recessed button in. Each click will move the date one forward. Definitely set the time and day before the date, as if you advance the hands enough, the date will of course move on its own.

You are a genius!!!:notworthy: I was wondering what that recessed thing does but didnt bother to try pressing it. 

• Like 1

Tiny watch collection in my house (no big brands here though):

https://s31.postimg.org/nbk0vxubv/20160623_145427_1.jpg

https://s31.postimg.org/733s9tzqz/20160623_145356.jpg

Just now, airwind said:

Tiny watch collection in my house (no big brands here though):

https://s31.postimg.org/nbk0vxubv/20160623_145427_1.jpg

https://s31.postimg.org/733s9tzqz/20160623_145356.jpg

lets see if someone spots anything unusual :)

Guest Bruce
24 minutes ago, airwind said:

thats a very renowned brand in India. 

well I was pointing to the 2 similar looking Invictas. One of them is due to be returned...

i know, i have a few, not made in india anymore though, some are swiss and some are chinese