• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Ups and downs on TWF week ending 24th June

A momentous day, love it or hate it we have seen history made. An up for me.

What have been your ups and downs in the world of watches? :)

I made it to sixty five and collected a haul of three watches and a spiffy pocket watch from the Boz.  Another up I suppose will be getting some storage shelves.....I have nowhere to put any more watches.  I literally have to store the one I take off where the one I am putting on comes from :taz:

An up seeing Honour get an award for reviews:thumbsup:

Downs.

One pulsar needs a new movement, but it's a nice watch so it's not the end of the world.

Overeating today.....I will regret it.

How was your week?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by RWP
  • Like 1
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost a years worth of saving and months of searching and waiting turned this bad boy up ;) 

Down- my wife was pretty angry at me for buying two watches last week.     Up- she is over it already. They always forgive. That's why it's always better to ask for forgiveness than it is to

At the end of a historical day a few things are certain to stay the same.  The skys still up there and the ground is below and from whichever nation you are from part of you will end up in one of

UP..Asked a member for a little advice on a stopped watch. Not only did he give it he told me to send him the watch which I did ... He repared it and sent it back.. up and beyond the call...restored my faith in the human race.. Many thanks to that man which I will not name in case he feels embarrassed . 

Dowas. . Not a one..

• Like 2
1 minute ago, jizzle said:

Don't get me started... Lol

It's supposed to get you started Jizzle........you know you want to............:partytime:

2 minutes ago, AVFC said:

UP..Asked a member for a little advice on a stopped watch. Not only did he give it he told me to send him the watch which I did ... He repared it and sent it back.. up and beyond the call...restored my faith in the human race.. Many thanks to that man which I will not name in case he feels embarrassed . 

Dowas. . Not a one..

Bruce.      :thumbsup:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SBryantgb said:

Well the up side is Mr SB is now talking to me after a voting dispute :thumbsup:

The down is Mr SB is talking to me about our voting dispute :sadwalk:

You've got more people on your side Steve........just don't take Mrs SB to Scotland any time soon :partytime:

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

we have just started planting spikey hedges just incase

We are buying fertilizer :partytime:

9 minutes ago, SBryantgb said:

Funny she just said Scotland's going to leave there will be no more GB anyway

Long way to go before that.....and passage of a Bill through Westminster.  Sturgeon won't dare until she is certain of winning, and she doesn't even have an overall majority.

Edited by RWP
1 minute ago, RWP said:

We are buying fertilizer :partytime:

Long way to go before that.....and passage of a Bill through Westminster.  Surgeon won't dare until she is certain of winning, and she doesn't even have an overall majority.

Its more than that, They are still Fear mongering mode. Will take sometime to turn them around if ever.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SBryantgb said:

Its more than that, They are still Fear mongering mode. Will take sometime to turn them around if ever.

Things will quieten down, liberals will change their underwear, and the business of everyday life will take over.

Apart from the plague of Locusts.  Also the EU is not looking very attractive at the moment :thumbsup:

At the end of a historical day a few things are certain to stay the same. 

The skys still up there and the ground is below and from whichever nation you are from part of you will end up in one of them.

Whichever way you voted you were allowed to do so with a pencil or a pen in a little wooden cubical. Some people don't have that choice! For some the bullet or the bomb decides the fate of nations and not all of those are in conflict.

House arrests, imprisonment or just simply disappearing never to be seen again can be the fate of some. 

But we got to vote with that stupid stubby pencil, and either way that is why Britain is still  GREAT!

(+ side) the Kienzle is still ticking away efficiently and for a fiver looks an ok buy. All ups sorry :thumbsup:

Edited by brummie1875
  • Like 3

Ups

Still alive

Got paid the right amount for a change !!

Got offered a full time job so binned the agency

It's Friday and I'm off to the boozer

:laugh: :laugh:

Downs

Working tomorrow morning so have to get up at b@stard o'clock 

:wacko:

Other than that same old same old and sometimes that's no bad thing

:biggrin:

Edited by BondandBigM

Down- my wife was pretty angry at me for buying two watches last week.  

Up- she is over it already. They always forgive. That's why it's always better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. 

• Like 3

Up - Junior getting better, still breathing, still running, can afford the bills, going for 10k trail run in the morning using new to me garmin fenix 2...-) 

Downs - junior had scarlet fever, Hudson watch gone kaput, gotta be up early for a 10k trail run

• Like 1