• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
JimboJames1972

Extending My Collection

Gents,

It looks like I might be in a position to extent my collection sooner than anticipated - a few lucky numbers came up last night. Unfortunately, not all of them, but Her Indoors has been treated to a few bits, a few significant charitable donations have been made and it still leaves me with some spare cash.

In total, once pay day comes too, I will have a bit over twelve hundred pounds to go on a new watch. I'm planning to get the best, recently serviced, pre-owned model I can rather than buying new. I'll probably ignore my original shopping list and rules and just treat myself to something a bit special!

Prime contenders are a Tudor Heritage (Black Bay in red, or Ranger) or an Omega Speedmaster Reduced. Third,remote option will be the larger sized Seamaster to complement my mid-sized, but this option is least likely. I hope to keep either one for a fair while, so potential re-sale values will have to be balanced up against running/service costs. I'm also hoping to be able to get an accuracy of 2-3 sec per day, or better if I can.

Thoughts on current prices, reliability etc please?

J

Lucky you,nice one.

You won't want my opinion,but i like to type so here goes..

They are all reliable watches,so no worries there.

Tudor,I like Tudor and the Heritage models are the nicest.I preferred when they used Rolex cases back in the day,so the ones you are looking at are a good choice.

Never liked the Speedy reduced,always seemed like the poor cousin of the full size ones.I would much prefer the moonwatch,class watch,manual wind,so it is cool as hell,will never date,fashion wise,and is a nice size.

Myself,I would not want two different sized versions of the same watch,you will end up favouring one of them,buy something different.

Accuracy is possible with any modern mechanical,but,if you demand accuracy,buy a good quartz.

• Like 1

Well done on the wind fall. I'm not going to offer any help only say which ever one of the great pieces you select have years of enjoyment with it..:thumbsup:

I have both watches one a vintage that was left to me when my dad passed away, and the other a 3 yr old tudor with red bezel, I must admit at first when my dad died, I wore the omega every day but its now a box queen, I wear the Tudor regular just shame theres no date on it, same as omega both watches are stunning, hard choice. 

The speedy reduced in my opinion is a perfect easy to wear moon watch style. Here's mine

IMAG0732_zpsuduwa6pz.jpg

The larger manual wind has about as much in common with the actual moon speedy as the reduced as the case and movement are different on both It's all about personal preference though and neither has a date unless you go for the later coaxial auto full size versions. 

Congrats on the win.  Since I wouldn't consider anything more expensive than  Tissot with a Valjoux movement that's what I would look at and leave you some change :thumbsup:

Choice made.

Deposit has been paid (many, many thanks to Scott and Birth Year Watches for sourcing one and getting a great deal)

Balance to be paid as soon as funds have cleared.

Pics to follow soon...

• Like 1

Nice one Jimbo, congratulations on your good fortune. I've only just seen this, so too late for my input (for what it's worth - which is not a lot :tongue:), but I would have suggested the Omega Speedmaster :thumbsup:

• Like 1