Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Your Amazon purchased watch delivered in 30mins


Recommended Posts

Nope, not for me. If one of those tried delivering down where we have a house in Exmoor, I guarantee it would come to an accident. 

And they say create jobs, will it have any negative effect on current drivers? And that would make one hell of a job KSAO for the role of remote control delivery man. Not going to be able to just hire any old bloke to do it like they currently do with Amazon logistics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hughlle said:

Nope, not for me. If one of those tried delivering down where we have a house in Exmoor, I guarantee it would come to an accident. 

And they say create jobs, will it have any negative effect on current drivers? And that would make one hell of a job KSAO for the role of remote control delivery man. Not going to be able to just hire any old bloke to do it like they currently do with Amazon logistics. 

Amazon have already got a little army of bots doing jobs now. I made a thread about it but most people had were not bothered that the bots were taking jobs. I guess its ok as long as its not their job that's affected.

Image result for amazon robots

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the gangs that were using quad bikes to rob goods trains will have an easier job now, bringing down drones.

MOST thought it was a crime that had all but died with Jesse James and Butch Cassidy. But the train robbery is back and it's happening in Scotland's very own Wild West.

Scotland on Sunday can reveal gangs of modern-day outlaws are raiding trains as they pass through what some rail insiders have dubbed the "Badlands" of North Lanarkshire.

True, today's robbers have adapted to modern technology: instead of horses they are riding quad bikes and instead of Colt 45s they are brandishing mobile phones and lock knives. British Transport Police said yesterday it was investigating four robberies or attempted robberies of freight trains. The most recent was this month, at Craigneuk near Motherwell. All four were carrying goods for supermarket giant Tesco.A source said: "It is completely crazy, like something out of the Wild West. You've got kids in quads tearing after the trains, waiting for them to stop and slashing open the freight wagons and helping themselves to stuff."

Plus. What do the politicians have planned for all the delivery people that will become jobless?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see how they get around the legislation relating to flying anything within a certain radius of an aiport. I can see that some parts of the UK will not be served by this method due to the potential endangerment of aircraft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill managed to down and terminally wound my remote controlled helicopter when I swooped him with it so an Amazon drone should be no problem to him if it gets low enough. 

Ghost_20150126_192819_zpsciqquvcp.jpg

And kids will have a field day shooting them down, I'd think about buying shares in a few catapult manufacturers as I predict sales will go through the roof. 

:laugh: :laugh:

 

 

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Never going to happen, I reckon it's just a publicity stunt for Amazon... :whistle:

On a separate note (but still relating to Amazon), I used to buy a lot from ebay until prices generally seemed to creep up, and eventually almost everything I looked at seemed cheaper on Amazon. Yesterday I decided to buy a visor-mounted Bluetooth hands free car kit, and did my usual quick look around on t'internet for the best price.  After I'd found the one I wanted, there was a choice between Amazon and ebay, both for the same price.  I'm not sure why, but I decided to go for the ebay seller.  Glad I did, I ordered it yesterday morning and it arrived at 9:00 this morning, all as described and brand spanking new in a sealed pack :thumbsup:

I think a lot of people have been disillusioned by ebay recently, but maybe the tide is turning and Amazon are going the same way?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Never going to happen, I reckon it's just a publicity stunt for Amazon... :whistle:

On a separate note (but still relating to Amazon), I used to buy a lot from ebay until prices generally seemed to creep up, and eventually almost everything I looked at seemed cheaper on Amazon. Yesterday I decided to buy a visor-mounted Bluetooth hands free car kit, and did my usual quick look around on t'internet for the best price.  After I'd found the one I wanted, there was a choice between Amazon and ebay, both for the same price.  I'm not sure why, but I decided to go for the ebay seller.  Glad I did, I ordered it yesterday morning and it arrived at 9:00 this morning, all as described and brand spanking new in a sealed pack :thumbsup:

I think a lot of people have been disillusioned by ebay recently, but maybe the tide is turning and Amazon are going the same way?

I rarely use amazon now due to their unfathomable postage charge system. They wanted to charge me £4 postage for 4 small cookie cutters.. Or some .177 pellets where they want £4 for postage, per item, when I can go to any online shop and have a flat rate next-day shipping regardless of how much I buy. No wonder Bezos is now the worlds third richest man.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Postage on my Bluetooth kit was free (well, included in the price anyway) on both Amazon and ebay.  The reason I went with ebay in the end was the seller had really good feedback (and lots of them), including quite a few recent positives of the actual item I bought, which was reassuring.  I get the impression Amazon are doing more and more drop shipping on behalf of 3rd party sellers these days, rather than selling their own stock.  Not necessarily a good thing IMHO :thumbdown:

If anyone is interested, the kit I bought is this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291788011129?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I didn't have time to remove the built in Parrot system from my Focus when I part exchanged it, but on the rare occasions that I will need it, this Samsung unit should do the job nicely anyway :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Postage on my Bluetooth kit was free (well, included in the price anyway) on both Amazon and ebay.  The reason I went with ebay in the end was the seller had really good feedback (and lots of them), including quite a few recent positives of the actual item I bought, which was reassuring.  I get the impression Amazon are doing more and more drop shipping on behalf of 3rd party sellers these days, rather than selling their own stock.  Not necessarily a good thing IMHO :thumbdown:

If anyone is interested, the kit I bought is this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291788011129?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I didn't have time to remove the built in Parrot system from my Focus when I part exchanged it, but on the rare occasions that I will need it, this Samsung unit should do the job nicely anyway :thumbsup:

that is why I find postage so confusing. One item is free postage, the next is free postage (minimum of £20), so you find something else you want to get to £20, but it is sold by a marketplace seller not fufilled by amazon so that doesn't count, and amazon don't stock it themselves. Then all the market sellers setting crazy postage prices. Not to mention the obvious price fixing policies allowing the huge offers. It can be convenient, but seems they are almost intentionally trying to push people to become Prime members, and seem to be focusing a lot more on their netflix war than their shop these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...