UK Watch Forum banner

Bulova owners club.

19K views 53 replies 31 participants last post by  Simon E 
#1 ·
I've gone from none to three in the last few months.

1970 vintage hummer bought from SBryantgb of this parish

27763380036_de1236bcc7.jpg

Accutron Snorkel

28051831031_8b68dd01f8.jpg

Accutron Surveyor

28181782854_e69578f03a.jpg

See less See more
#33 ·
I have a Champlain (not the gold coloured one!) and its the beast in my collection as I only just fits in the compartment of atch case when I am not wearing it. I agree about the SeaKing, I like the look of it too! in fact I like most of the watches I have seen on here! Will post pics when I get to 50 posts

#12 ·
It's a shame the photobucket fiasco has ruined this and many other threads on here...
I completely agree, they've effectively pulled the plug on a lot of the internet. I had an account for over ten years and did have a paid account at one point. It was nowhere near what they expect people to pay now. Account closed!

Here's a few more of my Bulovas.

The Surveyor:

238286319045202.jpg

And the one that doesn't need an introduction:

224195150020202.jpg

#14 ·
Now that's better! thanks Davey. :thumbsup: I have my eyes on your fourth watch ( so long as it's 42 Ø or bigger)

The Precisionist is easily my biggest/ heaviest watch but strangely disappears within minutes of strapping it on. Very wearable.

#15 ·
Now that's better! thanks Davey. :thumbsup: I have my eyes on your fourth watch ( so long as it's 42 Ø or bigger)

The Precisionist is easily my biggest/ heaviest watch but strangely disappears within minutes of strapping it on. Very wearable.
No problem mate, watch number 4 is the UHF Military, model number 96B230, which has proved to be pretty popular around here. It's actually quite small, at just over 40mm excluding crown, but it wears beautifully on the wrist. Most of my watches are at least 5mm bigger, but this one is a 100% definite keeper and I wear it a lot, which tells you something about it.

#16 ·
Thanks for the info Davey, :thumbsup: Yes that's a tad smaller than I prefer, will have to get into a B&M to try it on for size.

I'd be pulling the trigger on the Moonwatch in SC if I hadn't already committed my current funds to two other watches. Doh!!!!

#17 ·
Thanks for the info Davey, :thumbsup: Yes that's a tad smaller than I prefer, will have to get into a B&M to try it on for size.

I'd be pulling the trigger on the Moonwatch in SC if I hadn't already committed my current funds to two other watches. Doh!!!!
It's one of the smallest in my collection, but you should definitely try one on rather than focus only on the size, because it looks great on the wrist. My wrist is a fairly chunky 7.5", and it looks like this when worn:

20160718_110844-2

I hope that helps anyway :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Thanks again Davey. :thumbsup:

Watching a few youtube vids I saw it stated at 42Ø, as it's mostly watch face it will do. That second hand sweep looks even smoother than the Precisionist

although I know it cant be. A proper B&M is at least a 60 mile jaunt for me so..

£99.99 on amazon, trigger pulled! :laugh:

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am a newbie to the forum but have been around Bulovas awhile. I am more of a old school accutron collector but have a couple newer Bulovas also.

Two M2 Spaceview "B" Style 21013 Yellow Dots/both with correct M1 movements,hands and crystals. One was my grandfathers. Both on Coffin Link Bracelets.

35330267684_707c6798a5_c.jpg

Two M1 Spiral Lug 14Kt Gold Spaceviews (Left One in White Gold, Right one in Yellow Gold)

37414960986_a866b92153_z.jpg

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
These are my only two New School Bulovas. Spending 35 years in the aviation business (retired now), its suitable I have two space watches.

Dave Scott Chronograph

49770386481_349c2fc1d2_c.jpg

#24 ·
Anyone else struggling to buy a quartz watch after owning a Bulova with the UHF movement?

Looking at plenty of eco drive reviews on YouTube today, one, because I like solar power and two, because I don't own a Citizen. I'm struggling to get past the clunky second hand that mostly seem to miss the markers.

Just seems a shame the UHF movement isn't available across more manufacturers, unless you know different..

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
#29 ·
A couple of fairly recent additions to my Bulova collection...

BULOVA 96B258 & 98A186 Special Edition Lunar Pilots Chronographs

Watch Analog watch Black Silver Clock

Gas Font Circle Symmetry Event

Attachments

#30 ·
Hi

just got my hands on a Bulova Marine Star Chronographe watch.

Bulova has manage to inform me, that the watch was made on their Swiss factory, and was only sold in Europe.

It has a ETA Calibre 251.262 quarts inner, made around 1988 according to Bulova USA

Dos anyone have any more information about this watch?

Bulova1988.jpg

Bulova2.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.