• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mr Levity

Bulova owners club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.:thumbsup:

Yes, that's another along with the Wilton I'll be on the lookout for. My wishlist is looking more like a scroll! :laugh: 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2017 at 09:06, BobJ said:

It's a shame the photobucket fiasco has ruined this and many other threads on here, would have liked to see Daveyp's collection, how about re-posting? :yes: 

No problem mate, new images courtesy of Flickr:

DSCF21352014-07-31 11.52.5020160603_10075620160718_11112520160620_14334020161128_091052

:thumbs_up:

• Like 3

Now that's better!  thanks Davey. :thumbsup:  I have my eyes on your fourth watch ( so long as it's 42 Ø or bigger)

The Precisionist is easily my biggest/ heaviest  watch but strangely disappears within minutes of strapping it on. Very wearable.

1 hour ago, BobJ said:

Now that's better!  thanks Davey. :thumbsup:  I have my eyes on your fourth watch ( so long as it's 42 Ø or bigger)

The Precisionist is easily my biggest/ heaviest  watch but strangely disappears within minutes of strapping it on. Very wearable.

No problem mate, watch number 4 is the UHF Military, model number 96B230, which has proved to be pretty popular around here.  It's actually quite small, at just over 40mm excluding crown, but it wears beautifully on the wrist. Most of my watches are at least 5mm bigger, but this one is a 100% definite keeper and I wear it a lot, which tells you something about it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info Davey, :thumbsup:  Yes that's a tad smaller than I prefer, will have to get into a B&M to try it on for size.

I'd be pulling the trigger on the Moonwatch in SC if I hadn't already committed my current funds to two other watches. Doh!!!!  

16 hours ago, BobJ said:

Thanks for the info Davey, :thumbsup:  Yes that's a tad smaller than I prefer, will have to get into a B&M to try it on for size.

I'd be pulling the trigger on the Moonwatch in SC if I hadn't already committed my current funds to two other watches. Doh!!!!  

It's one of the smallest in my collection, but you should definitely try one on rather than focus only on the size, because it looks great on the wrist.  My wrist is a fairly chunky 7.5", and it looks like this when worn:

20160718_110844-2

I hope that helps anyway :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Thanks again Davey. :thumbsup:

Watching a few  youtube  vids I saw it stated at 42Ø, as it's mostly watch face it will do. That second hand sweep looks even smoother than the Precisionist

although I know it cant be. A proper B&M is at least a 60 mile jaunt for me so..

£99.99 on amazon, trigger pulled! :laugh:

52 minutes ago, BobJ said:

£99.99 on amazon, trigger pulled! :laugh:

Nice one mate, and it's an absolute bargain at that price, well done :thumbsup:

In the unlikely event you don't like it, I think Amazon are pretty good with their returns policy, so you could send it back if you don't like it.

I am a newbie to the forum but have been around Bulovas awhile. I am more of a old school accutron collector but have a couple newer Bulovas also. 

I figure one pic will cover my Accutron Astronaut Collection. 

36215951133_72a3223826_c.jpg

Two M2 Spaceview "B" Style 21013 Yellow Dots/both with correct M1 movements,hands and crystals. One was my grandfathers. Both on Coffin Link Bracelets.

35330267684_707c6798a5_c.jpg

Two M1 Spiral Lug 14Kt Gold Spaceviews (Left One in White Gold, Right one in Yellow Gold)

37414960986_a866b92153_z.jpg

My Only M0 Alpha

35716103792_fe9653cf3d.jpg

My only Railroad. Its a M3 B Case Railroad Model "201" Style 21014 /w a Coffin Link Bracelet. I don't believe these came with Coffin Link Bracelets but the case design did so I had an extra bracelet and put it on . I also wear it with a Black Strap.

37415037526_d7f4c5a665_z.jpg

I have others I will post later..... 

• Like 7

My contribution to the thread (photos not to same scale)...

ACCUTRON 218 (1970)

Bulova.jpg~original

PRECISIONIST 96B159 LANGFORD, cal. P102 8 jewels.

BulovaDSC_0004_zpscf4e80c4.gif~original

ACCUTRON II 96B206 MOONVIEW cal. P102 8 jewels?

Bulova-DSC_0054r_zpshphcqjnz.gif~original

• Like 7

These are my only two New School Bulovas. Spending 35 years in the aviation business (retired now), its suitable I have two space watches. 

Moonview 

37243051590_3cc6298dd0_z.jpg

Dave Scott Chronograph

37243065490_b3f0f48a78_z.jpg

36832019523_6c0e96ec33.jpg

• Like 6

Anyone else struggling to buy a quartz watch after owning a Bulova with the UHF movement?

Looking at plenty of eco drive reviews on YouTube today, one, because I like solar power and two, because I don't own a Citizen. I'm struggling to get past the clunky second hand that mostly seem to miss the markers.

Just seems a shame the UHF movement isn't available across more manufacturers, unless you know different..  

• Like 1

My one and only Bulova at the moment , there will be more to follow :thumbsup: My prize from Roy . Thank you very much , a fantastic prize and a very kind gesture .

5xYn3dL.jpg

• Like 3

I recently acquired this 1961 14kt White Gold Accutron Alpha from a friend of mine. He had purchased a small lot of unsold accutrons from an older shop owner and in our conversations, this watch came up. I had been looking for a similar Alpha for quite awhile and when this one became available, I bought it. Its in pristine shape. 

26212948659_bb2ff9800d.jpg

26212957509_d7748ecd70_n.jpg

37935992866_5a549c7ddf.jpg

• Like 6

On 10/7/2017 at 19:33, BobJ said:

Anyone else struggling to buy a quartz watch after owning a Bulova with the UHF movement?

Yes. :laughing2dw:

I seem to be stuck in a loop of buying either Bulova Precisionists or TW Steels, the Bulovas for their super smooth movements and the TWs for their sheer size :tongue:

• Haha 1

I should never have let my Moon watch reissue go. Ugh, idiot! Anyway, still have this one after letting the rest go...

• Like 1

Wow! Some beautiful Bulova watches posted here! Very nice.:)

Here are some Bulovas in the collection. 

Accutron 219 Date.

Accutron 214 Spaceview.

Accuquartz (still tuning fork) 218 Day/Date Solid 10K Gold.UZIYcsd.jpgGRx7mhC.jpg

Old school white dial 17j.

Old school gold-tint dial 17j.

Big thin-case gold-plated dial 17j.

Big case off-white dial date.

YOTdzO8.jpgPbIgNXn.jpg

Millenia moon-phase date.

Precisionist curved case date.7DKZWQX.jpg9OzUUD5.jpg

• Like 1

Hi

just got my hands on a Bulova Marine Star Chronographe watch.

Bulova has manage to inform me, that the watch was made on their Swiss factory, and was only sold in Europe.

It has a ETA Calibre 251.262 quarts inner, made around 1988 according to Bulova USA

Dos anyone have any more information about this watch?

Bulova1988.jpg

Bulova2.jpg

• Like 1