• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Badger

I have found my Holy Grail of watches

I've not posted much on the forum recently. There is a reason for that - things have got a little boring on my wrist, as it would appear that my sixteen year quest for my ideal watch is at an end

I have been wearing this almost exclusively for the last three months:

IMG_2843_zps7jaorzoo.jpg

I have many other watches. But every time I try one on, it will last usually 2 minutes and at most an hour or so before the Steinhart returns to my wrist.

Why do I like it? I think that, to me, it is the perfect design. I has great lume. It is accurate. It just looks right.

This is my subjective opinion - others will think differently, but that's OK - this is what I like.

So, my quest for the Uber-watch may well be over.

Probably.

Egads

Dave

• Like 11

I reached that point once I got my Trident GMT. I now have to force rotation. 

Some days that means going to work without a watch - and keeping my carbon-dialled RLT in a drawer there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I've not posted much on the forum recently. There is a reason for that - things have got a little boring on my wrist, as it would appear that my sixteen year quest for my ideal watch is at an end

I have been wearing this almost exclusively for the last three months:

IMG_2843_zps7jaorzoo.jpg

I have many other watches. But every time I try one on, it will last usually 2 minutes and at most an hour or so before the Steinhart returns to my wrist.

Why do I like it? I think that, to me, it is the perfect design. I has great lume. It is accurate. It just looks right.

This is my subjective opinion - others will think differently, but that's OK - this is what I like.

So, my quest for the Uber-watch may well be over.

Probably.

Egads

Dave

Like the uncluttered dial, and no date. Just goes to prove you don't have to spend a fortune on "the grail". :yes:

• Like 1

I had chased one of these for a while, but didn't buy when I had the chance. I was certain it would end up as the only watch I would wear. :yes:. From what you have said I doubt now I will ever buy one. :thumbsup:

(what an absolutely negative way for me to say that's a great watch)

• Like 2

More of a 5517 milsub homage, but loses nothing because of that.

Really nicely done, and an absolute cracker.

I am genuinely pleased for you, while all relative to the person this interest can get expensive  , while I don't have the one I have only a few ( compared to others here) "ONES", and I am still enjoying the changes , who knows how long it will last ,

But should I find the "one " I don't think I would  have any hesitation in sticking to it,

but you know what they say "a change is as good as a rest" so thats the philosophy at this time with me . :teethsmile:

deano

Congrats and a good choice.  I'm starting to think I could do with The One which in my case is probably my Sub but keep finding solace in The Several.  

• Like 1