• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I usually just copy and past the direct link and the pic pops up, it's worked fine up until today. I noticed a few other people having a problem but some not. 

Is it a forum issue or a PB problem

3 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I usually just copy and past the direct link and the pic pops up, it's worked fine up until today. I noticed a few other people having a problem but some not. 

Is it a forum issue or a PB problem

Something odd seems to have happened but I can't see what on the forum would have stopped it from working.

The only thing I can see at the moment is that mine are working fine and my direct links start with http://s1110.photobucket.com/.  Yours seem to start with img.photobucket.com and aren't working.

Will have a rummage.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a504/hughlle/Mobile Uploads/2015-07/IMAG0963_zpsmkuwfqrr.jpg

This picture starts with http://i1281.photobucket.com and it does not appear to be working, so don't think this is the cause.

I think there might be an issue at their end. I've been experiencing bugs over the past day or two, and I've now noticed that I can run around my account fine, refresh pages, etc, yet the moment I click the above image link, it logs me out and I'm viewing as a guest. I reckon they've a problem. 

Given that I have never accessed a website as slow as photobucket, it is almost unusable, it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by hughlle

Cheers

I haven't changed anything at this end and even tried posting in Chrome and Opera. I also tried it from photobucket on the website instead of the direct app I usually use on my mobile. As I said I noticed a couple of other people had the same earlier on. 

Edited by BondandBigM

(I think they've problems, but let's pretend it is something different:)

I had a thought, and looked at the add free version they've recently been ramming in our faces, and one of the perks is " Unlimited* bandwidth when you link or share your photos "

Could it be that photobucket are somehow going helterskelter in a bid to get our money? 

Edited by hughlle

I'm giving up on PB, they've had a dreadful few months.  The sheer amount of shite they pump down the wire to you on each page load is shocking.

I've found the mobile app works OK ish though.  @BondandBigM have you tried the app?

2 minutes ago, Krispy said:

I'm giving up on PB, they've had a dreadful few months.  The sheer amount of ***** they pump down the wire to you on each page load is shocking.

I've found the mobile app works OK ish though.  @BondandBigM have you tried the app?

Yep that's pretty much all I use these days for the exact reason you say, if you use the web based site you just get deluged with rubbish. 

Edited by BondandBigM

Just now, gimli said:

Yet again I'll leave this website here. I've been using this for the past year or so and never had any issues with it as it gives you plenty of options before and after uploading.

https://postimage.org/

They seemed to have spruced themselves up too with a new interface...

3 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

As I said I noticed a couple of other people had the same earlier on. 

Same here......

PB is a right pita!! :taz:

The only way I can reliably post photos is if I do a forum search for a particular photo I`ve posted then copy it. This method is helped somewhat by me always putting a title to them, though it still takes a few goes before I get it right - my memory isn`t what it used to be:sign_question:  :laugh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

PB is a right pita!! :taz:

Didn't work all day but I was able to post on the Sunday Oldies a few moments ago. Go figure.....

Another thing I`ve found recently with PB is that I have to sign in whenever I want to use it, I used to remain logged in all the time :huh:

I really do not know why you bother with it, personally I have my own hosting with my website. But I have accounts with P/B & Flickr.

But why not use Flickr? 1TB of free storage, It is not bogged down with ads, in fact I don't see any, its a no brainer imo :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, martinzx said:

I really do not know why you bother with it, personally I have my own hosting with my website. But I have accounts with P/B & Flickr.

But why not use Flickr? 1TB of free storage, It is not bogged down with ads, in fact I don't see any, its a no brainer imo :rolleyes:

The only thing I don't like about Flickr is that it seems to force you into having / creating a Yahoo account?

I'm giving Amazon S3 storage a pop...

hi

yep since Friday night for me PB has not worked , when I try to copy media here the box just goes yellowed out, never had a problem before Friday, looks like PB cock up then, dam I have a lot of images on there, lets know if any other site is better krispy please.

deano

I've been having problems with it since last Thursday.

The mobile site is no better as it tried to persuade me to download some crap after saying my phone was infected with spyware.

Edited by handlehall

16 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

hi

yep since Friday night for me PB has not worked , when I try to copy media here the box just goes yellowed out, never had a problem before Friday, looks like PB cock up then, dam I have a lot of images on there, lets know if any other site is better krispy please.

deano

Funny, PB seems to have sped up considerably for me today.  I'm still jacking it in though as I don't trust them any more!

First thing to do is retrieve all your images - in each album there's the option to download it on the right hand side of the screen (on desktop).  This will download a zip file containing all the images in that album.

pb.JPG

In terms of other picture hosting sites to use, the common ones are Flickr and Post Image.  I find Imgur very easy to use but an eagle eyed member spotted that they have changed their terms and conditions this year and no longer allow 'hotlinking' to photo's stored on their site (hotlinking is what you do when you post a picture on the forum).  They haven't closed my account yet though!

The alternative is to arrange your own hosting account with a traditional web hosting provider.  This won't give you the PB / Flickr type interface and will require a little more knowledge to use successfully.

I'm going to use Amazon's S3 storage solution for a while.

45 minutes ago, Krispy said:

The only thing I don't like about Flickr is that it seems to force you into having / creating a Yahoo account?

I'm giving Amazon S3 storage a pop...

That is true, I have an old account anyhow... But 1TB of free storage!! Got to be a the best free deal for photo hosting! IMHO anyhow :)

Edited by martinzx

42 minutes ago, Krispy said:

I've just noticed that Amazon include unlimited free photo storage with their Prime accounts.  Looks very good and works well but I can't seem to get it to create a link that will work on the forum.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive/primephotos/ref=pmp_links_photo?ms3_c=5e6b2f800ee0b5ffaca64ec1a1ef08bf

Happy to be corrected :) but I not think it is free ...

Cheers Martin