• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

4 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Happy to be corrected :) but I not think it is free ...

Cheers Martin

Free if you've paid £80/year for a prime account! 

• Like 1

It's a shame as the PB app is nice and easy to use but hey ho

@Krispy 

Thanks for your efforts especially on a holiday weekend. It's what sets this forum apart from the also rans.

Cheers

B. 

• Like 3

I`ve just followed PB`s advise about clearing my Browser Cache &  Cookies which seems to have solved the problem, things seem to back to normal.

Scrub that - it`s back to the go-slow:taz:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Not read the full replies so I guess this might be sorted now, but I abandoned photo bucket a few weeks ago went very slow and loads of adverts despite my ad block thingy. I returned to flicker and not had a problem since, so I guess it ain't the forum?

My free Ad Block Ultimate blocks 36 ads everytime I load PB.  I have no problems with the site today.

1721_zpsnxagazit.gifHappy Biker

Another alternative...(is it still working, Dave?) is to become a 'Gallery' member and host your pics here. When Roy first allowed this, I uploaded several pics, and even created a couple of different albums....one for watches, and one for flora and fauna as an experiment, and it was fine. Is this still working, Dave....and can I download the 2k+ pics on PB to it? I realise that all the links on PB will be broken, and that all pics in former posts will disappear, but Hey Ho...that's progress and I'll have to start again. This will be true for anyone who moves from PB, because their URLs are unique to them. (I think?)

Edited by Roger the Dodger

8 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Another alternative...(is it still working, Dave?) is to become a 'Gallery' member and host your pics here. When Roy first allowed this, I uploaded several pics, and even created a couple of different albums....one for watches, and one for flora and fauna as an experiment, and it was fine. Is this still working, Dave....and can I download the 2k+ pics on PB to it? I realise that all the links on PB will be broken, and that all pics in former posts will disappear, but Hey Ho...that's progress and I'll have to start again. This will be true for anyone who moves from PB, because their URLs are unique to them. (I think?)

Hello Rog,

Firstly, there'd be no reason for any photo's stored in PB to disappear as you could just leave them there.  There's no need to delete your PB account or remove any images stored in there (but I would say downloading each album is good practice, in case they go pop).

We're looking into options of providing larger scale image hosting for members - watch this space...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Yes it is still working Roger and uploading your photos is fine :thumbsup:

We are working on making this available to everyone for a small forum donation, if anyone is interested in an esy hosting solution directly on the forum then please contact me.

Thanks for the confirmation Roy and Dave. I'll leave all pics on PB where they are, but will download all abums to flash drives so that I have a copy of all my pics should PB cease to work at all. All new pics that I take from now on will go to the gallery here.

• Like 1

I can't even access my pics on PB now. I downloaded one album this morning, since then I can't get back into the site. As soon as I log in, it logs me out again and won't let me do anything. The 'waiting' circle just keeps endlessly spinning, and in the bottom left of the screen it constantly says 'waiting for...a long string of code...

The problem for me appears to be this forum, not Photobucket. 

I can access all my hosted photos on my laptop via the Photobucket website and from my iPad via the Photobucket app.  On the CW forum I can post them on without any problem on either device. On here the URL turns pink and won't work on either device. 

So as far as I can see Photobucket ain't the problem.

• Like 1

I don't know, Steve...I did download the pic of my Rolex as normal this morning. It's since I downloaded my whole 'Flora and fauna' album that the real problem has started, and that's on their site, not here. I log in, and the site puts my recent uploads on show as normal, but then when I click on 'My Library', it tells me I'm not logged in, even though I am. It won't let me access any of my albums, or settings now. I've even tried rebooting the PC, but to no avail.

24 minutes ago, AVO said:

The problem for me appears to be this forum, not Photobucket. 

I can access all my hosted photos on my laptop via the Photobucket website and from my iPad via the Photobucket app.  On the CW forum I can post them on without any problem on either device. On here the URL turns pink and won't work on either device. 

I'm starting to believe that as well. No problem anywhere else and intermittent on TWF.

These hosting sites add code to their url, any direct link to an image will work as long as the hosting site is not blocking hot linking to the images, we have no control over these. I've never had a problem posting any picture with a standard direct url link that is hosted on a normal site. Do these hosting sites have limits on the times they allow linking to the images or anything like that? They could be blocking us, there is nothing wrong with the forum software that I know of.

I was about to agree with AVO about it being TWF but d/loaded flickr and it works instantly... now I'm not so sure

Perhaps it is this forum but I can't see any reason why it would be. 

I've been testing and all other photo hosting services work fine on the forum (flickr, posting, imgur, etc) 100% of the time. 

Recently, Photobucket and no other photo hosting service began having intermittent problems displaying on the forum. At the same time, photobucket's own site began performing terribly (I was waiting minutes just for one of their pages to load) so my suspicion is that the problem is their end. 

We will, of course, continue to look to see if there's anything wrong at our end.

Sorry if my earlier post sounded a bit irritable, chaps. We really do appreciate all the effort that you guys put in! Thank you. 

1 hour ago, AVO said:

On here the URL turns pink and won't work on either device. 

Agreed.

Here is the only place I'm having an issue...

53 minutes ago, AVO said:

Sorry if my earlier post sounded a bit irritable, chaps. We really do appreciate all the effort that you guys put in! Thank you. 

Not at all, if it does turn out to be our end then I apologise. 

The odd thing is it only seems to be affecting photobucket and, even then, it's not affecting all images / users. 

Suffice to say, it's a git to nail down where the problem actually is....

I cleared my browser cache (Chrome) and cookies, and have finally got back into PB, where it allowed me to change my privacy settings from private, back to public, which it was refusing to do earlier. It still won't do a download of any of my other albums though...it just endlessly spins the waiting circle.

When the albums were set to private, it wouldn't let me into them...kept telling me to log in, even though I was. I don't think its our problem, because I can still hotlink to them as per normal...see below
Test pic.

053_zps0406e07f.jpg

• Like 1