• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I'm thinking again of replacing the sales section with a more professional system. It would have buy it now buttons to pay directly via paypal, offers button etc etc, please see enclosed images and let me know your thoughts, I think this is a great system.

57d1f500a0762_Screenshot1.png.c145828591

57d1f508ed916_Screenshot4.png.cc78cae0f7

57d1f50d541c7_Screenshot5.png.45f3ec7199

• Like 4
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm thinking again of replacing the sales section with a more professional system. It would have buy it now buttons to pay directly via paypal, offers button etc etc, please see enclosed images and le

I liked what you did the last time you changed it but to many people got there depends in a twist  and just wanted their old forum sales site back. But moving on, anything that makes the description e

We have not created it, the person that did has been working on it for about a year. It would be a bought feature but I feel well worth it 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Foxdog said:

Bloody hell Roy there has been some work put into that mate, imo I think it looks great .:thumbs_up:

We have not created it, the person that did has been working on it for about a year. It would be a bought feature but I feel well worth it :thumbsup:

• Like 2
Just now, jsud2002 said:

That looks really professional and wasy to read/understand. When item has sold will it go automatically to a sub section I only ask as it is useful to view sold items to get ideas on pricing  

I'm sure we can implement this :thumbsup:

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Docta13 said:

Don't get me wrong it looks good, but why does it look basically like the well known auction site we all love to hate?

I guess you have to ask what do we hate about it?  Is it the layout / functionality we hate or the buyers / sellers / fees involved?

Can someone settle an argument?

Would you be a) annoyed by or b) appreciate it if, when advertising a watch for sale on here, you were prompted to enter things like case size, case height, movement type, etc when creating the advert?

Also, if you were prompted for these details but you didn't have to complete them, would you bother?

And, finally, as a buyer would you appreciate if sellers were asked / made to fill in these kinds of details?

Ta.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Krispy said:

Can someone settle an argument?

Would you be a) annoyed by or b) appreciate it if, when advertising a watch for sale on here, you were prompted to enter things like case size, case height, movement type, etc when creating the advert?

Also, if you were prompted for these details but you didn't have to complete them, would you bother?

And, finally, as a buyer would you appreciate if sellers were asked / made to fill in these kinds of details?

Ta.

b) Appreciate it as the more details given the better the chance of selling the watch and it saves the most common question "how big is the watch please " , I have not sold on the forum (yet) but I guess that most members have their watch in front of them when selling so getting measurements etc shouldnt be a problem. 

29 minutes ago, Krispy said:

I think it should be an absolute requirement to provide such data - how hard is it to do so? Movement can just be auto, hand wound, quartz etc. I've sold 3 watches on here and I just copy the template provided by the CW forum for sales and I'm not the only one here that does so.

As previous members have posted, a buyer needs & expects as much information as possible particularly for a timepiece that is to be worn.

As some timepieces cost as much as a secondhand/new car, you would expect a detailed description, not just make, model & photo!

It's in the sellers & buyers best interests to be honest (warts and all), integrity should be at the forefront of everybody's mind.

Alan

• Like 1

I liked what you did the last time you changed it but to many people got there depends in a twist :whistle: and just wanted their old forum sales site back. But moving on, anything that makes the description easier such as a requirement for case size, bracelet size etc is fine with me, less work in fact.

On a personal note.... could you make it really hard for me to view any Rolex sales, maybe a multiple logins with a request for DOB and perhaps followed by another login request. At least until I can afford one :thumbsup:

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, richy176 said:

Other information that would be useful would be

How long have you owned this watch and When was it last serviced and/or pressure tested.

Good points :thumbsup:

I do think one of the niceties of the existing sales section is it's informality. It is more like a bazaar where items are on display but you have to engage for more detail. 

Just now, Damo516 said:

I'd quite happily try it out if your still looking for volunteers Roy?

I have opened it up for you to have a look and try out : http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/classifieds/

Just PM me or Dave for advise or problems, please make a few test posts and get a feel for it, thank you :) 

• Like 1