• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
rhaythorne

10 Topics Per Day Limitation...

I don't understand... Why would anyone not keep their computer logged in continuously if they're a member (and post/read a lot on the forum) ?

I'm always signed in because I don't have to do it manually everyday. I'm permanently signed in.

Surely there aren't any advantages to being signed out as you might not be able to see the new posts or what has been discussed here and there...

• Like 2

I think it is a good thing to give an incentive to join, why should all this wealth of knowledge be available to all, without at the minimum joining, after all it is free! Right...

Cheers Martin :) 

Edited by martinzx
typo
  • Like 2

What's currently being proposed isn't unique, far from it. On one forum I belong to, part of the site is open to all and another part for members only and even in that members only part, there are a couple of sections where you have to have made x posts before access is granted.  Another (Thai based) forum I belong to is completely closed, you have to be a member even to view and if you want to join, you have to contact admin. The reason? Grief and hassle from some expats who must be complete loons and just seemed to want to cause trouble. It's a really harmless forum, get advice on immigration queries, best place for a coffee in town and the like, but once in, it's a very friendly place.

I don't think I care one way or the other. I can see the benefit and detriment. In the meantime, perhaps modify the "Come in and join us." message to point out the forum won't be pestering new members with emails or passing on contact info.

Later,
William

• Like 1