• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mechanical Alarm

"You Are Not Allowed to Give Reputation to This User"

I get this every time I go to give a "Like" to someone.

Maybe it's just me, honestly, I took a shower and brushed my teeth this morning! So, no 'Likes' from me guys.

Pretty Funny!

Edited by Mechanical Alarm
  • Like 10

23 minutes ago, Mechanical Alarm said:

I get this every time I go to give a "Like" to someone.

Maybe it's just me, honestly, I took a shower and brushed my teeth this morning! So, no 'Likes' from me guys.

Pretty Funny!

I've just tested it from your account and it works fine. The user you are trying to like however may have restrictions.

I get this on a couple of tablets, primarily my HP Stream using windows 10 and Edge. Once you acknowledge the message (click okay) I find the the like has been given anyway, it just makes for an extra click:thumbsup: (or stab at the screen with finger... since it is a tablet)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SBryantgb said:

I get this on a couple of tablets, primarily my HP Stream using windows 10 and Edge. Once you acknowledge the message (click okay) I find the the like has been given anyway, it just makes for an extra click:thumbsup: (or stab at the screen with finger... since it is a tablet)

Good call SB, that is the exact situation. It's still doing it, only I do not see that a like was given.

Happens if you keep your finger on like too long on touch screens.  As has been said just ok the message and carry on :yes:

Edited by RWP

I've had this for sooooooooo  long, I think it's punishment from the forum Gods for some misdemeanour of mine in the past! :biggrin:

It is an absolute pain, but the like is given, despite being told it can't be.

Krispy did say he thought he might have identified the problem?

It would be nice if I could have the choice of viewing the forum in it's "normal" format rather than being forced to use the phone layout, but sadly this is not the case.

10 minutes ago, SBryantgb said:

It would be nice if I could have the choice of viewing the forum in it's "normal" format rather than being forced to use the phone layout, but sadly this is not the case.

If you're using Chrome on the tablet, open the Chrome menu and select the 'Request Desktop Site' option (I'm sure other mobile browsers must have a similar option).  This should bypass the 'responsive' element of the forum and give you the full blown site (but it probably won't all fit on the screen horizontally'.

Out of interest - why would you prefer the full version rather than the responsive one?

I still can't get into all these "likes" "friends" or other such computer forms of chumminess.  I even struggle when somebody I have never met calls me "Mate" on Ebay when they ask a question.  My best "mate" died a couple of years ago and it would probably take several years for anyone else to gain that title.

PS. You don't have to "like" me!:biggrin:

Edited by tixntox

45 minutes ago, Krispy said:

If you're using Chrome on the tablet, open the Chrome menu and select the 'Request Desktop Site' option (I'm sure other mobile browsers must have a similar option).  This should bypass the 'responsive' element of the forum and give you the full blown site (but it probably won't all fit on the screen horizontally'.

Out of interest - why would you prefer the full version rather than the responsive one?

I seldom use my phone for browsing, and if I do I find the side bar can be totally unresponsive. When viewed on larger tablets I don't like the my first browser feel to the stripped down interface :(. An eight thru 10 inch tablet can handle the full site quite easily.