• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I drink quite a lot of coffee  and like it strong and black. I am now thinking of getting a machine.

Any recommendations?

Rob....

38 minutes ago, robden said:

I drink quite a lot of coffee  and like it strong and black. I am now thinking of getting a machine.

Any recommendations?

Rob....

girls_cook_06.jpg

:biggrin:

• Like 2

Nespresso basic machine (Inissia) plus an Aerolatte (electric mini-whisk for about £10).

Using this (with a double shot of Ristretto pods) I can make the best café con leche/meia de leite I have had outside Spain or Portugal.

52 minutes ago, AVO said:

Nespresso basic machine (Inissia) plus an Aerolatte (electric mini-whisk for about £10).

Using this (with a double shot of Ristretto pods) I can make the best café con leche/meia de leite I have had outside Spain or Portugal.

Not for me thanks. Not with cow juice  or any form of sweetener.

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

girls_cook_06.jpg

Had one of these once but turned out to be very expensive to run.

• Like 3

In a small bar I used to go to often they would just shovel in a couple of heaped spoons of ground coffee in a glass, pour boiling water in and let it settle for a minute or two.

Best cup of coffee around.

:)

These days I just use a small one cup cafetiere rather than get a last mouthfull of the coffee grounds.

If you don't mind grounds in your cup, Greek/Turkish/Cypriot coffee is to die for!

• Like 2

A MACHINE...:angry::laugh:

I love coffee, and need a good Italian coffee to start my day off. I say Italian because my favourite mornings start with a visit to Luna Rossa at the harbour where I know them and the regulars. At home, I would never use anything except perhaps an on-the-hob Expresso coffee-maker, which my living-in-Sicily brother swears by, or a simple plunger cafetiere. In fact, BondandBigM probably has the right idea, and although I myself do use plain old Lyons coffee bags, I have no problem with just pouring hot water on the coffee and then straining out the grouts when you drink it.

As a matter of interest, has anyone heard of the cold-coffee method? I have heard that this makes lovely coffee and you can keep it for a while in the fridge, using it when needed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

At home, I would never use anything except perhaps an on-the-hob Expresso coffee-maker

Good call, jogged my increasingly dreadful memory !!!

:huh:

An old aunt of mine had an old steel coffee percolator which she used on the stove, water in the bottom half ground coffee in the top ???

:)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richy176 said:

If that is your spare machine then I will take it off your hands.:clap:

More wishful thinking on my part, Big M is short, ginger and an OAP but hey ho

:laugh: :laugh:

20 hours ago, AVO said:

If you don't mind grounds in your cup, Greek/Turkish/Cypriot coffee is to die for!

Oh yeah!! :thumbsup:

47004-Hero.jpg

I have one of these, because I like strong black coffee, not this designer poncy 'Double-decaff-extra-dicksplash-with-a-cream-cheese-float' pish.

I make standard filter coffee or standard espresso

I went for a modern min purely because I love Lavazza coffee and that is what it takes. If you are getting a coffee machine,  I'd recommend getting an ex display model.  You get them loads and loads cheaper and it's unlikely they have been switched on before,  let alone used

So Roger, I won't be round to your's then. I thought three-in-one was a sort of oil,,,:laugh:

I also like Lavazza coffee, Muddy, but surely you can buy the ground Lavazza as is where you are, or at least the beans, so that you can make your own delicioso Italian coffee.:)

Have you thought about getting one of these. Very fast, easy to use and clean.

I wanted a machine before but certainly not for only black coffee.

Image result for aeropress coffee press

• Like 1

On 03/10/2016 at 08:22, BondandBigM said:

More wishful thinking on my part, Big M is short, ginger and an OAP but hey ho

:laugh: :laugh:

Nothing wrong with short, ginger and an OAP... :biggrin:

39c.jpg

• Like 2

The versatility of Nespresso...

Café con leche

893D8D23-8EEA-4EE6-816B-B85A72C25876_zps

Café con Laphroaig...

3769EA17-E1BC-46B2-BD24-1C0C259437B0_zps

Café-Calva...

A4CEB1DB-4E04-43ED-BE52-843F5F512AC6_zps

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, artistmike said:

Nothing wrong with short, ginger and an OAP... :biggrin:

39c.jpg

When I go into my kitchen I recognize my vintage coffee maker right away, because it hasn't been modified extensively over the years.

il_570xN.441044343_ipz7.jpg

lulu.jpg

I wonder if most of these machines last more than two weeks before being consigned to 'that' cupboard that houses all the other paraphernalia that have become kitchen 'ornaments'....the 'Nutri Bullet'...(WTF?), the sandwich toaster, the blender, the electric carving knife, the water heater, the juicer...etc...etc, that you thought were a good idea, and you revert to the good old jar of Nescafé Gold Blend and a kettle?:hmmm9uh::laugh: