• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Abdenoor

Messidor 18rubis USSR.....?

Hi guys. i've bought this watch from an open market and turned out to be a genuine pocket watch. the brand's name is Messidor abd it has 18rubis (jewels). it was made by the Soviet Union i think around the 60's. what i need is further informations about this watch and ANYTHING would work for me :) Thnks guys :thumbsup: i've put a link to the pictures :

• Like 1

It is a Molnija pocket watch, made by the Tscheljabinsky Watch Factory, probably renamed for export quite a common think done, they rebadged a lot of Sekonda the same, I am guessing it is 1970s, maybe 1980's I have one with the same case. Nice but very common.

Cheers Martin :yes:

Edited by martinzx
added date
  • Like 2

You might be interested to know that the word, "Messidor" is also used as a name for a particular model by Breguet - a Tourbillon wristwatch that I believe is a current model.

I am sure Martin is correct with his info, and I can confirm that the dial of your pocket watch is almost identical to a dial on a pre-owned Sekonda pocket watch I acquired recently, right down to the dished subdial seconds. :)

• Like 2

I have one the same. Not worth much, but mine has been very durable and a good timekeeper. Nice find.

• Like 2

The watch movement is a good solid one and was used in many other watches, including wristwatches. My oldest one is well over 30 years old (I think). It has never been touched and runs around + 7 seconds/ 24 hours.

• Like 1