• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Badger

Scurfa Bell Diver

Looks good!

I notice that Paul's offering a Diver One S/S Auto Black Edition with a NH35A automatic movement for around £190 delivered, I previously had a Diver 1 NATO and quite like the look of it so I'm tempted by this cheaper watch.  The NATO is now discontinued so I can't directly replace my old watch, and although the S/S battery with metal bracelet is still available (although currently out of stock) I think I might prefer an auto.

Has anyone got any views on the relative qualities (between Bell Diver and S/S Auto, and, out of interest, the S/S) of watch and movement?  The Bell Diver is about twice the price of the S/S Auto black edition, wondering if it's worth considering the extra outlay?

All thoughts greatly appreciated

The differences as far as i can see are the movement and lack of HEV , the Miyota (IMO) is a better movement but is the BD1 worth it?  Erm probably not

I really like the black and would/may buy it 

If its ok id like to add to the above post (ran out of time earlier)

when i say worth it I meant is it worth the extra, it is absolutely worth its rrp of £350

the trouble is I havent handled any other scurfa model so I cant say how mine compares to the black, the case of the black is a better size in my opinion and the lack of HEV doesnt bother me, there is (i believe) less detail on the case machining and black coating is always a worry when it comes to scratches etc although at this price its not an issue

for an auto with this spec you cant go wrong 

a pic of my BD1 because im a tart

E679C2D0-E4AF-4F86-B961-20A6B6773D55_1.j

I charged the lume last night (i love the bluey lume) and when i went to bed it literally shone like torchlight so I could see where I was going, it takes a while to charge but my god!

(this is from a owner of many watches with incredible lume)