• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

6 hours ago, brummie1875 said:

Just for Fun Christmas Quiz

Who will be top by the start of the Queens speech on Christmas Day?

Who is the TWF's Christmas Brainbox?

large.10816219_741435505930201_935006235_n.jpg

@brummie1875 Oh dear.....Just spent an hour or so composing a similar festive quiz....I better think of something else....:(

Edited by Roger the Dodger

39 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

@brummie1875 Oh dear.....Just spent an hour or so composing a similar festive quiz....I better think of something else....:(

More quizzes the merrier in my book Roger, put it up mate and any more you may have knocking about  :thumbs_up:

I keep hoping more go up as i can't do me own    :whistle:

Edited by brummie1875
  • Like 1

Just put a little new years quiz up, sorry only 5 questions, ended up doing something else :whistle:

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

i started out well but appear to be getting thicker the more quizesizizes i do :sign_wtf:

You'll be alright when all the Christmas excesses wear off, Des....I expect the mind's still a bit addled...mine is!...I only scored 1 in Roy's quiz:laugh:

• Like 1

A couple of new features have been added :

1. Ability for quiz authors to take the quiz for testing purposes, scores do not count.

2. Pictures in questions, see here : 

• Like 1

That's interesting! The picture quiz seems to work well. I also noticed, taking my own quiz, that not only does it randomise the answers, it also randomises the order of the questions. 

Nice one, Roy!

16 minutes ago, AVO said:

That's interesting! The picture quiz seems to work well. I also noticed, taking my own quiz, that not only does it randomise the answers, it also randomises the order of the questions. 

Nice one, Roy!

It does randomise the questions now it didn't before, I can change this back though  if required :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Personally I like it.  I use a thing called Socrative at work. Kids do online tests on their iPads and each one has the same set of questions – however the order of the questions is different and the order of multiple choice answers is different as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVO said:

Personally I like it.  I use a thing called Socrative at work. Kids do online tests on their iPads and each one has the same set of questions – however the order of the questions is different and the order of multiple choice answers is different as well. 

I can also import and export the quizzes in .xml format so if anyone wants to type their quizzes for me to upload then just ask me via pm and I'll send you a sample of the format. You then write your quiz away from the forum, in a text editor, send me the file and I'll upload it for you.

• Like 1

The ability to add pictures to the questions is a great step forward...especially for those types of question where it's hard to explain what something looks like.:thumbsup:

Now, for instance, I could create a quiz consisting entirely of pictures of say, flowers or animals and ask people to ID them from the pictures and the multiple choice options.

• Like 2

@AVOJust added a 15 question pictorial nature quiz to see what people think. It's farly simple.

@Roy, I found that I could only add files from my PC (Downloads and Pictures files) I couldn't access the gallery, or drop a Photobucket pic in. Is this normal?

It shouldn't be a problem...next time, I'll use a flashdrive for the pics , as all my PB pics are backed up on them. The pics need to be small as well, or you get a message saying the file size is too big.

Great idea, though...will be interesting to see the feedback.

32 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

@AVOJust added a 15 question pictorial nature quiz to see what people think. It's farly simple.

@Roy, I found that I could only add files from my PC (Downloads and Pictures files) I couldn't access the gallery, or drop a Photobucket pic in. Is this normal?

It shouldn't be a problem...next time, I'll use a flashdrive for the pics , as all my PB pics are backed up on them. The pics need to be small as well, or you get a message saying the file size is too big.

Great idea, though...will be interesting to seee the feedback.

@Roger the Dodger you should be able to put the file URL into the image browser, however this takes longer to load. 

• Like 1

I've noticed that a couple of new quizzers have joined in, namely @Teg62x and @Ullevi. Have you guys only just noticed that the Quiz section is there? Would you like more quizzes? I'll see if i can do a new one tomorrow...not sure what it will be, but probably science and nature as that is my stronghold....nothing to stop either of you compiling a quiz for the rest of us though.....

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I've noticed that a couple of new quizzers have joined in, namely @Teg62x and @Ullevi. Have you guys only just noticed that the Quiz section is there? Would you like more quizzes? I'll see if i can do a new one tomorrow...not sure what it will be, but probably science and nature as that is my stronghold....nothing to stop either of you compiling a quiz for the rest of us though.....

I have been a tad busy with  ill people recently but I  will try to add one over the weekend too Roger.   :yes:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Teg62x said:

Yes just found them by chance when I was scouring the forum. :thumbs_up:

Did you find them enjoyable? The feedback is good if we are to keep the quizzes going. You can add a quiz yourself if you have a subject that you like and are knowledgable about....and I've run a couple of competitions based on quizzes...

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Did you find them enjoyable? The feedback is good if we are to keep the quizzes going. You can add a quiz yourself if you have a subject that you like and are knowledgable about....and I've run a couple of competitions based on quizzes...

I did thanks, I think I have general knowledge quiz books somewhere so will look them out.