• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RWP

Ten Years Ago any Watch you were wearing

Does anyone have any watches they were wearing ten years ago.  It's odd but a lot of the far fewer watches I had then have gone.   Here's one I know I was wearing........

23213725451_9749f844ae_b.jpg

Quite hefty Fossil from 2005.

What were you wearing on your wrist a decade ago :)

Also maybe you would like to remember those near to you who fought or gave their lives for their country. 

Lt Henry Wallis Dixon MC.  Fought and survived WW1

George Harrison.   MIA never found WW1.       We will remember them.

Edited by RWP
Pea Brain
  • Like 3

20160922_172356_zpsgtptl6rs.jpg?w=480&h=

10 years ago I had 3 watches, this AP, a Cartier Santos steel and gold and a Pre-Bond Seamaster.  The Seamaster I would wear in the sea or the swimming pool and for travelling and the AP 90% of the remaining time.   The Santos suffered a circuitboard failure but I still managed to move it on and the Pre-Bond was sold as part of an upgrade to a Speedmaster.   This AP is a keeper though...

• Like 2

DSCN2167.jpg

This Tissot automatic.  Lovely 38mm case and ETA based movement. No idea why I sold this but would love to find another.

• Like 1

rodger , sorry I struggle to remember what I had for breakfast :) . let alone  what watch I was wearing 10 years ago.

BUT I always remember those who gave there lives today so we could have our tomorrows,  on the 11 hour of the 11 day of the 11 month, god bless

deano

• Like 1

My granddad WWI.. survided 

My great uncle WWI and WWII royal life guard.. 

God bless all the millions of others in all wars who payed the ultimate sacrifice RIP 

A decade ago .. hmmm 

i'M AFRAID ...YES I KNOW :)

STILL HAVE IT :)

AND 

image_1320_zps1025818b.jpg

T2eC16Z8E9s4l8BQ2BRgtzLOf4w60_35_zps1c87

LOVE THIS ONE ... CHEAP ONE .. CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE NOW .. 

Edited by Sulie
  • Like 1

Ten years ago I was wearing a Rotary Quartz given to my dad as a works leaving present. I remember it still having the receipt in the box (in case of warranty issues). I was amazed at the colossal amount £80!!!! I've learn't a lot since.  

• Like 2

The only watch in my current collection over 10 years old is this Oakley D1

DSCF1288_zpsec1f37bb.jpg

Quite rare I think, it was the first digital watch from Oakley, and I don't think there are many around these days.

I probably should think about selling it sometime, as it never gets worn... :tumbleweed:

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this was the only watch I owned 10 years ago. I'd had it for about 5 years by then and I only wore it for going out (not very often). Then about 5 years ago I decided I would try and find out about it. It's been down hill all the way since.:laugh:

28724102855_3422bbc1ea.jpg

• Like 2

This one, ironically. I also still have a Pulsar, but don't seem to have any photos of it!

KSjwZSqN-XFQtKGJdOC6Aadgnyl8g7btddk4ejql

And also mention of my Great Uncle, Private Frederick Woodley, last seen going out sniping at Hill 60 and finally recorded as killed in action, with no known grave, on 18th August 1916, aged 20 years and 5 months (no-one quite knows why the records show 20th August).

Sjwh8VetPfphQZGlNwr2nIruZf-vh9ycNTbJL0dp

The last Christmas card he sent to his mother in 1915:

8KbtkDpLUvufNdvpsnzftuSzP1Zrw591N-D7fxNA

And the inscription on the back:

KFCe41bxnYlqpuCrgREHp5aWBPRnaV5N1cAgkdSd

My Great Uncle and Fred's brother, Jim Woodley, specifically left all the documents and papers regarding his brother to me. I don't have any kids, so before I left for Thailand, I handed everything over to my nephew Tim for safe keeping. He's a school governor at his kids primary school and took all the papers in to show the children last year. 

• Like 2

Hi @Mr Levity

May be able to offer some assistance on your watch?

J W Benson were highly regarded watch/clockmakers & retailers between 1847-1973 in London.

They stopped manufacturing during WW1 when the factory was bombed, but carried on a retailing business.

They then imported generally higher grade movements such as Vertex, Cyma, Longines and retailed them from their shops in prestigious addresses in London.

Many of these watch dials where branded with the J W Benson name.

In 1973 the name was sold to Garrards of London!

This is only a brief summary of the company history but have a more detailed if required.

Well worth taking the back off, let's have a peek:yes: we might all be surprised...I hope so?

Alan

Edited by Karrusel
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Hi @Mr Levity

May be able to offer some assistance on your watch?

J W Benson were highly regarded watch/clockmakers & retailers between 1847-1973 in London.

They stopped manufacturing during WW1 when the factory was bombed, but carried on a retailing business.

They then imported generally higher grade movements such as Vertex, Cyma, Longines and retailed them from their shops in prestigious addresses in London.

Many of these watch dials where branded with the J W Benson name.

In 1973 the name was sold to Garrards of London!

This is only a brief summary of the company history but have a more detailed if required.

Well worth taking the back off, let's have a peek:yes: we might all be surprised...I hope so?

Alan

Thanks Alan.

Will post pics of movement in the J W Benson owners' club thread, to save hijacking this one.

• Like 1

Up until 2009 when I joined, this Casio G-Shock was my beater from 1999....and remained so until it was retired in around 2012, but still going strong...
watchpics004-3.jpg

...and before that, a Casio Illuminator from 1997....this must be quite rare now...
watchpics012-2.jpg
watchpics008-4.jpg

Edited by Roger the Dodger

7 hours ago, Davey P said:

The only watch in my current collection over 10 years old is this Oakley D1

DSCF1288_zpsec1f37bb.jpg

Quite rare I think, it was the first digital watch from Oakley, and I don't think there are many around these days.

I probably should think about selling it sometime, as it never gets worn... :tumbleweed:

I had one of those, to be honest I'd forgotten all about it.

My parents bought me this for my 21st birthday.  Still love the cuff strap
NNFXB2x.jpg

These were all in fashion, all my mates in uni that were into music and played had one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, malt1977 said:

This is the TAG that I was wearing 10 years ago, I've had it for about 18 years now.

IMG_0093.jpg

Wish I'd had one of these 18 years ago as I was skint back then and probably skint now..

1 minute ago, ong said:
51 minutes ago, malt1977 said:

This is the TAG that I was wearing 10 years ago, I've had it for about 18 years now.

IMG_0093.jpg

Wish I'd had one of these 18 years ago as I was skint back then and probably skint now..

To be honest, it wiped me out for a long time lol