Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Steve121

New member just purchased a new Hamilton

Recommended Posts

https://goo.gl/photos/3eit82XdyVWK48qe9

https://goo.gl/photos/9kBGeiLUMzuYFp8J9

Hi guys first post on the forum after having decided to buy my first new watch for a good while after my citizen, swatch and Seiko.  From the title I've purchased a Hamilton khaki automatic but I'm just not sure on what movement it has? It either has the ETA 2824-2 or hamiltons new H-10 but I'm not sure. Walked into Ernest Jones today with the watch being 360 at retail whilst having the Swiss made marking at the bottom, is it not only the newer models that have this and are more expensive? Anyways I decided to buy it, asked for a 10% discount and ended up getting 50 quid off so really can't complain, especially if ive got the H-10. One thing I've noticed compared to other khakis is that mines has much less detail on the back casing compared to ones with ETAS in them. If you're curios the model number is H70555533.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

 

cheers steve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely watch.  The H10 is the same movement as the Tissot Powermatic 80, an enormously reworked 2824.   I have a Tissot with this movement and it is great.  Never mind the BPM it still more accurate than the ETA it replaces, and 80 hour power reserve.

Good choice whichever the movement......enjoy.

Edited by RWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RWP said:

Lovely watch.  The H10 is the same movement as the Tissot Powermatic 80, an enormously reworked 2824.   I have a Tissot with this movement and it is great.  Never mind the BPM it still more accurate than the ETA it replaces, and 80 hour power reserve.

Good choice whichever the movement......enjoy.

Thanks very much, love the value this Hamilton offers! :thumbs_up: Nice Tissot as well had a look at the visodate but decided it was too dressy for day to day wearing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PC-Magician said:

Nice Watches I believe it uses the 2824-2 but one way to be sure  is fully wind it then leave  for three days if still running it has the H10.

No regulating parts in the movement if it is the H10.   On the Tissots the rotor bears the legend "high tech."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RWP said:

No regulating parts in the movement if it is the H10.   On the Tissots the rotor bears the legend "high tech."

Correct just looked at my H10

Does the op's have a display back?

Edited by PC-Magician
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PC-Magician said:

Nice Watches I believe it uses the 2824-2 but one way to be sure  is fully wind it then leave  for three days if still running it has the H10.

Good idea mind you I'm still a bit hesitant about hand winding, just cautious about over winding it seeing at this is my first automatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve121 said:

Good idea mind you I'm still a bit hesitant about hand winding, just cautious about over winding it seeing at this is my first automatic

Don't worry you cannot overwind an auto.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steve121 said:

Good idea mind you I'm still a bit hesitant about hand winding, just cautious about over winding it seeing at this is my first automatic

You won't over wind it.:) The movement looks totally different to mine, different rotor also.

According to Hamilton's web site:

REFERENCE: 
H70555533
CALIBER: 

CAL. 2824-2

 

Back-casing-view-of-Hamilton-Mens-H70555533-Khaki-Field-Black-Dial-Watch.jpeg

Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PC-Magician said:

Don't worry you cannot overwind an auto.

Alright cheers :yes:

 

2 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

You won't over wind it.:) The movement looks totally different to mine, different rotor also.

According to Hamilton's web site:

REFERENCE: 
H70555533
CALIBER: 

CAL. 2824-2

 

Hi wrench I see that on the website but the one on the website doesn't have Swiss made at the bottom and mines does?:huh: Have you got a khaki also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steve121 said:

Alright cheers :yes:

 

Hi wrench I see that on the website but the one on the website doesn't have Swiss made at the bottom and mines does?:huh: Have you got a khaki also?

Yes, I have one. Here's a better photo of the movement.

h70555533_4.jpg

This watch has the same reference no as yours, but if you compare the two photos you'll see the difference. Here's a photo of the Tissot Powermatic movement.

Tissot-Powermatic-80-ETA-C07.111-thumb-autox640-22013.jpg

Which bears more resemblance to yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tissot Powermatic

26920874701_5f21c3c798_b.jpg

Different and fuzzy shot. :)

Edited by RWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RWP said:

26920874701_5f21c3c798_b.jpg

no regulating clobber.......all done with lasers apparently :)

 

32 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Yes, I have one. Here's a better photo of the movement.

h70555533_4.jpg

This watch has the same reference no as yours, but if you compare the two photos you'll see the difference. Here's a photo of the Tissot Powermatic movement.

Tissot-Powermatic-80-ETA-C07.111-thumb-autox640-22013.jpg

Which bears more resemblance to yours.

Thanks a lot really helpful. Would this suggest I've hit luck and ended up with a brand new H-10 for 310 quid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve121 said:

 

Thanks a lot really helpful. Would this suggest I've hit luck and ended up with a brand new H-10 for 310 quid?

It would seem so.......they are using the extended power movement in more of the Tissot / Hamilton range.    Either way good is good :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RWP said:

It would seem so.......they are using the extended power movement in more of the Tissot / Hamilton range.    Either way good is good :thumbsup:

Brilliant, Hamilton seem to charging a good bit more for their new prices with H-10. Thanks again :biggrin:

Just now, Steve121 said:

Brilliant, Hamilton seem to charging a good bit more for their new prices with H-10. Thanks again :biggrin:

Pieces*

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, malt1977 said:

Lovely watch you've got there. I've got the older version with the 2824 movement, but movements aside, it's just such a nice watch to wear.

Totally agree, the quality of the watch with how it looks and feels is class, cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Welcome to the forum, Steve...and a lovely watch as well! Enjoy!          :thumbsup:

 

53 minutes ago, cactus said:

Aye, very nice watch, have never considered buying a Hamilton myself, maybe I should. 

Thanks :thumbs_up:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...