• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
zenman50

time setting

When i change the date setting on my watch i always put it to the day before,then when i set time i make sure i rotate until next day clicks so i know it will change date at correct 12.now ive noticed that online people demonstrating with quickset just use the date wheel then set time,ive tried this,thinkng i know which 12 is right,but it doesnt work.ive only ever been aware ov my original style ov changeing date,which works,please enlighten me or tell me to stay the f...k with my way yeeeeeeee.:-) 

If you pass 12 and the date doesn't change you are on pm. Set the time then the date before 9.

Jesus.....what are you all on about? Pull out the crown and wind the hands round. If the date changes when you wind past 12, it's midnight. If you wind past 12 and it doesn't change it's midday......how hard can it be?

For goodness sake...get a grip!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Jesus.....what are you all on about? Pull out the crown and wind the hands round. If the date changes when you wind past 12, it's midnight. If you wind past 12 and it doesn't change it's midday......how hard can it be?

For goodness sake...get a grip!

Thank God you weren't the one to talk me down when I had day date setting issues :yes:

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, SBryantgb said:

Thank God you weren't the one to talk me down when I had day date setting issues :yes:

Day and date is a different matter altogether..........:laugh:

• Like 1

Unless it's day date I think you can set it however you like. I like to set the date and then move forward a day to make sure if got it AM or PM if needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve121 said:

Unless it's day date I think you can set it however you like. I like to set the date and then move forward a day to make sure if got it AM or PM if needed.

I don't do it this way, I wind the hands until the day/date changes then wind on till eight o'clock, then set the day and date, then set time accurately.   I've always done it this way, it would feel strange to do it any other way. :)

15 minutes ago, artistmike said:

I don't do it this way, I wind the hands until the day/date changes then wind on till eight o'clock, then set the day and date, then set time accurately.   I've always done it this way, it would feel strange to do it any other way. :)

Really confusing reading how others do it but whatever suits isn't it! :thumbsup:

With the quick set it's ok but if there's no quick set then it can be a PITA if the day/date is wrong........or take plenty of no notice....simples :thumbsup:.

Rob....

wind around well past the 12.   quickset to the date before, wind past midnight to correct time with date now correct knowing am pm.  

its bad enough having the date on a watch, defo  not interested in days on the dial too :baby:

Buy a 24 hour or GMT watch .  This sorts the issue  as you'll know whether it's am or pm. 

I know im going to go through the whole mth back to the date,and reset the time every day until the crown falls off,then im going to throw my rollie against the wall :-) :-) 

11 hours ago, zenman50 said:

When i change the date setting on my watch i always put it to the day before,then when i set time i make sure i rotate until next day clicks so i know it will change date at correct 12.now ive noticed that online people demonstrating with quickset just use the date wheel then set time,ive tried this,thinkng i know which 12 is right,but it doesnt work.ive only ever been aware ov my original style ov changeing date,which works,please enlighten me or tell me to stay the f...k with my way yeeeeeeee.:-) 

I buggered the date mechanism up in my breitling and sent it back under warranty and they recommended I used this method when changing the date.

3 hours ago, zenman50 said:

I know im going to go through the whole mth back to the date,and reset the time every day until the crown falls off,then im going to throw my rollie against the wall :-) :-) 

Zen?