• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
jinjoh_ninjoh

Best watches for £200-£300

Hi guys,

So it's coming up to Christmas and I wanted to treat myself to a lovely new watch,

My budget is £200-£300,

I'm looking for a watch that is made by a watch maker not a fashion watch (if that makes sense?)

What brands are the best and does anybody have any ideas they would like to show me?

Here are some i have seen,

b361ec9bf70c6ac9ba84d105bb74cbb4.jpg

922ad8d4c8914cd23a96d6ffdc1eabbf.jpg

0120789e631579607232e30c09cbf3c9.jpg

6c9d80ee3a57ebdd167c5b79436e7032.jpg

3387d5886cc0d16839649afbf2b995ab.jpg

Thanks in advance guys :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Seiko , Citizen, Tissot.

I have a Tissot V8. It's a nice watch.

23373136123_7ced07288e_b.jpg

They do however snap on backs.

Is it obligatory to be a chronograph or a quartz?
New or 2nd hand?
Cheers
Dimitar

I would like a new one mate, all the other options I'm not fussed at, I would just like a really nice watch haha :)

25375324771_eda4e983d8_b.jpg

possible with discount and just a few extra squids.  Ernest Jones.   Tissot le Locle auto.

• Like 2

Slightly over budget but completely agree with Steinhart. Beautiful, well made watches. Mine was £347 I believe. There's a lot of very good Seiko watches in that price bracket too, like the Monster or the SKX007/009

• Like 1

Easy choice, and my standard answer to all the "what should I buy" threads, this Bulova Precisionist is well within your budget:

20161128_090027_zpslwvcsyer.jpg

Looks amazing in the flesh, much more dramatic and eye catching than my photo suggests, and if there's a better looking watch out there in this price bracket I haven't seen it yet :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi guys, quick update :)
i finally purchased today :)
It's not one that people mentioned but to be honest I tried a lot of the suggestions on and this is what felt most comfortable and I really do love it!

It's the bulova Marine Star Chronograph :)

Thoughts and opinions are welcome guys :)

e8b89e82a76b904769dd0e18049c2987.jpg

e5ae87216d00d69754bacea40dd17658.jpg

Very nice mate, nothing wrong with Bulova's Marine Star range at all, and that one is a beauty :thumbsup:  I had a non-chrono Marine Star a while ago, and I really liked it (since flipped to fund something else, but that's how it goes on here!).  They also look great on a strap if you get bored with the bracelet (Note: Not a NATO, obviously :laughing2dw:).

My only reservation with Marine Stars is that you can get a Precisionist for similar money if you shop around, and personally I think once you've seen the smooth sweeping seconds hand on them it's difficult to go for anything else... :tongue:

I would plump for the Seiko I just think they are fantastic reliable watches for the money... the Bulova/Tissot is quite acceptable also... and the Hamilton Autonomous suggested is also worth consideration.

What ever you buy new will be secondhand the moment you put it on your wrist, for the reason I think you are crazy not to get a minty secondhand watch... it just increases your bang for buck further.   Each to their own though.

• Like 1

The Bulova is an excellent choice. Tissot, Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Steinhart, Armida and 20-30 other brands would have been equally excellent. Welcome to the journey of watch appreciation. I started by researching for 'one' watch. I enjoy the research; the hunt; the acquisition; the arrival; the assessment; final result (keep or sell). It all started with 'one' watch.

• Like 1