• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RWP

Anyone not done for the year?

...and Mr Postie arrives :-)

Seiko

Seiko 7a38-7070 (c. 1986?). Or as close to an Omega Speedmaster as I am likely to ever get!

It is ticking along nicely, all buttons and time-setting work so day and date are now sorted.  Case is in pretty good nick, as is the crystal, but the bezel does have a few scuffs on it.  No matter, this was accurately described in the sales blurb so no problems there.  In fact, with it having a few signs of having already lead a life (it is, after all, about 30 years old!) I'm not too fussed about wearing it properly or getting tooooooooo precious over it ;-)

Seiko 7a38-7070

Of course, the metal bracelet had to come off and a ColaReb leather strap fitted.  It was not an easy fit - the leather might be nice and soft, but it is thick and it was mega tight behind the spring bars! 

Happy wearing :-)

J

• Like 3

...and Mr Postie arrives :-)
31841863411_cec317a5e5_b.jpg
Seiko 7a38-7070 (c. 1986?). Or as close to an Omega Speedmaster as I am likely to ever get!
It is ticking along nicely, all buttons and time-setting work so day and date are now sorted.  Case is in pretty good nick, as is the crystal, but the bezel does have a few scuffs on it.  No matter, this was accurately described in the sales blurb so no problems there.  In fact, with it having a few signs of having already lead a life (it is, after all, about 30 years old!) I'm not too fussed about wearing it properly or getting tooooooooo precious over it ;-)
31809320372_32f0edb234_b.jpg Of course, the metal bracelet had to come off and a ColaReb leather strap fitted.  It was not an easy fit - the leather might be nice and soft, but it is thick and it was mega tight behind the spring bars! 
Happy wearing :-)
J

Oh I like that. And another one goes on the list...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I was on holiday over Christmas - to Sri Lanka - & bought a digital Breo on the plane during the return flight. I only bought it because my Seiko auto packed in & I was watch less - as it happens it's a nice watch & I'll wear it  when I cycle.

I also have an incoming tomorrow which I'm very much looking!I g forward to - that will definitely be my last watch for 2016 :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

Last in for 2016 courtesy of the RLT York branch

the Purple People Eater

IMG_1700_zpsoxpo5t3m.jpg

IMG_1698_zpsgnajjpjl.jpg

Edited by bridgeman
  • Like 2

Welllllll, it was sort of buy one get one free thanks to a member of the RLT York branch.

hits the minute track all there way round and a refreshing Snow White 

IMG_1708_zpskw42i8pp.jpg

...and might I get the last incomming of the year too?

My other purchase is being handled by courier, not Royal Mail. I received the tracking info this morning so I rang the couriers to confirm what "next day" delivery would mean in real life at this time of year. They assured me that it would be at the depot tomorrow (Sat) and that I could pick it up in person if I rang ahead, gave half hour notice and brought ID.

They close at 5:30pm so I'll get there just before. How close to the dongs can anyone else get?

J

I thought I was done until Roy very generously took 50% off everything, enabling me to buy this one that I really wanted but kept telling myself was just a bit to much to justify.

31148789894_99f1b51440_z.jpg

And as I bought this one from Argos and I'm not loving it, back it shall go tomorrow for a refund to pay for the Hamilton.:)

31076114194_17e16fe4e6_z.jpg

I'm not back to work until Wednesday so I won't get it until then.

THANK YOU ROY :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I thought I was done until Roy very generously took 50% off everything, enabling me to buy this one that I really wanted but kept telling myself was just a bit to much to justify.
31148789894_99f1b51440_z.jpg
And as I bought this one from Argos and I'm not loving it, back it shall go tomorrow for a refund to pay for the Hamilton.
31076114194_17e16fe4e6_z.jpg
I'm not back to work until Wednesday so I won't get it until then.
THANK YOU ROY

The Hamilton looks very nice! Who is Roy though?

7 minutes ago, pandyboy said:

The Hamilton looks very nice! Who is Roy though?

He owns the joint, I mean forum !

Edited by Mr Levity
  • Like 2

Two vintage Russians, and three straps en route. I am incurable.:( Oh and a Soviet army wrist compass, which is a whole different problem.

Edited by WRENCH