• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
scottswatches

heads up christopher ward 50% off

Not that I should be promoting spending money elsewhere, but these look cheap to me

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/events/half-price

On the Tridents, the cheaper Sellita automatic movement would cost £150 plus vat from Cousins, the ETA £250 plus vodka and tonic, so a £300 price seems a good deal.  These are the later ones with ceramic bezel ,and have fetched more on eBay but DYOR

• Like 1

The 'other' watches have been on their regular sale for a while now. but the vintage is a new addition and great value, I have the steel version with a light brown strap, which doesn't seem to be offered in this sale. I think it's the best Trident. No Omega rip-off or odd placed date window, just a nice matt black dial and bezel. I paid £374 plus free international shipping for mine a year ago - its nuts to pay full price for their watches. It's a great watch and get's a lot of wear.

Edited by Caller.

the scuderia Ferrari chrono 830263 in the ernest jones sale dosent seem too bad to me  was £245  now £120  not too knowledgeable about the brand but looks a nice watch   cant do the link  sorry

Edited by craig12

50 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Unfortunately, not really my cup of tea, but great prices. Now all I need is a 50% Seiko sale!:biggrin:

samuels are showing 50% off Seiko 3 reg chronos fromm £99.99

• Like 1

I was actually looking at the C9 Big Day Date before Christmas so that is. Dry tempting, extremely rare that I wear a dress watch though. I'd have jumped st the chance of a half price Trident if the 43s weren't out of stock :(

51 minutes ago, craig12 said:

samuels are showing 50% off Seiko 3 reg chronos fromm £99.99

scrap that argos 3 reg chrono black Seiko from £87.99  white dial £79.99

Edited by craig12

4 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Not that I should be promoting spending money elsewhere, but these look cheap to me

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/events/half-price

On the Tridents, the cheaper Sellita automatic movement would cost £150 plus vat from Cousins, the ETA £250 plus vodka and tonic, so a £300 price seems a good deal.  These are the later ones with ceramic bezel ,and have fetched more on eBay but DYOR

Are the movements really near identical (in quality, not just design) and it's just an extra hundred because of the ETA name on it? 

I've had Porsche Design Eterna's fitted with the sellita movements before that had an RRP north of two grand!

It surprised me, given that originally Eterna owned ETA (hence the abbreviation)

But I couldn't comment on the quality comparison 

• Like 1

Here's another link. There's more offers in addition to 50% off. All this is to do with the rebranding and either clearing them for the new logo to be used, or dropping the model. Be interesting to see how they fare in future, as price increases are putting them into much more competitive territory with established brands, that you can actually try on in AD's. For CW that requires a trip to Maidenhead. There has been some talk of them having a bricks and mortar outlet, but the closed the one they had in America, which was a bit of a half-hearted venture.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/events/preview

Really like the C9 Jumping Hour MK3 on leather, even better it comes in 40mm or 43mm.

Do they regulary offer discount or is it probably the logo change? although i prefer the 'old' look logo over the newer one.

5 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Unfortunately, not really my cup of tea, but great prices. Now all I need is a 50% Seiko sale!:biggrin:

Subscribe to Creation Watches, you will be sent a "New and exciting" Seiko sale about every other week, usually with the e-mail arriving about 3am.

On a side note, CW never seen to discount their mono-pusher, marine or moonphase watches (You sometimes find one in a NN sale) which does suggest these are the more decent, smaller number ones not the build em up ship em out divers.  Maybe that will change when the final purge begins of the old logo like with the jumping hour watches (and just before the 4th logo change:biggrin:)