• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
jsud2002

Perlon strap opinions

Thinking of buying a Perlon strap and wondered if any members had opinions on them .. I have tried a couple of nylon nato/zulu styled straps but the perlon IMO look more comfy . All opinions appreciated cheers John 

Straps/bracelets should be chosen according to the watch type you're wearing. I'm thinking a perlon strap would look good on a CWC military for example...

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I'd be interested in this too, as I don't normally like straps, but Rob's (mcb2007) one that's been on a few times looks really nice.

Yup Rob is also where I got the idea from  :clap:

• Like 1

Person are great, far better than silly NATO's, and look much smarter. My only issue (and I'm probably a rarity) is that I hate watches flapping around so don't do the whole "slip a finger under the strap" thing. As such I find it can bite into my wrist at times.

waked a perlon my first on this, to match the hands in light blue, with no holes for guidance you  can have then as tight or lose as you want, I find it relay comfy,not as thick as I initial thought the material looked, or may be its a cheap version but I like it over a nato as it has a buckle fitting

deano

IMG_20161214_160443%20Medium.jpg

• Like 3

I find them comfy enough ,like Deano said as tight or slack as you want look better than the NATO strap not as messy with the fold back.

2203561C-15C4-4FE2-815A-48DFA6E6D2EE.jpg0EAEBADD-BC78-4EF3-AC56-15C735480C7F.jpgBA4198E7-9244-4646-92DF-DC71777D3E18.jpgThat's a 20mm in an 18mm lug. They can be as cheap or as expensive as you want .try one John I still have the 22mm I offered you has a gold buckle though . 

Edited by mcb2007
  • Like 3

@mcb2007 cheers for the offer fella but I have taken the plunge and bought a grey one from ebay . Next is to find myself a chunky leather strap in a vintage looking brown leather I want to try one on one of my divers instead of a bracelet. I think I might have got idea from one of your photos as well Rob just cant remember which photo it was 

48 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

Thinking of buying a Perlon strap and wondered if any members had opinions on them .. I have tried a couple of nylon nato/zulu styled straps but the perlon IMO look more comfy . All opinions appreciated cheers John 

I've got a few and find them comfortable. I bought mine from Watch Obsession. They also supply alternative buckles as well. Gold tone, polished etc.

13 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

@mcb2007 cheers for the offer fella but I have taken the plunge and bought a grey one from ebay . Next is to find myself a chunky leather strap in a vintage looking brown leather I want to try one on one of my divers instead of a bracelet. I think I might have got idea from one of your photos as well Rob just cant remember which photo it was 

1A94F413-7EFD-4D0C-9AB6-1318ACD05746.jpg 90072E0D-1AB8-4BB8-809C-4F013219145D.jpg

Nope wasnt them Rob I think it was a tan brown strap . I may be mistaken maybe it wasnt one of your photos. 

48 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

waked a perlon my first on this, to match the hands in light blue, with no holes for guidance you  can have then as tight or lose as you want, I find it relay comfy,not as thick as I initial thought the material looked, or may be its a cheap version but I like it over a nato as it has a buckle fitting

deano

IMG_20161214_160443%20Medium.jpg

Is that a kikstarter watch :huh:

looking good though... Haven't seen one before 

4 minutes ago, Velizark0 said:

Is that a kikstarter watch :huh:

looking good though... Haven't seen one before 

hi no kickstarter, they do regularly produce limited edition watches, and tend to sell out quite quickly

see the website below & better picture

cheers deano

http://vratislavia-watches.com/en/?page_id=7

IMG_20161123_114550%20Medium.jpg

Edited by deano1956
  • Like 1

Maybe because it was a cheap one but not a fan of perlon now.

Very comfortable at first but found that keep putting the 'pin' in the same comfortable position tends to loosen the weave of the strap

so it's no longer comfortable. All in my personal opinion of course.

Rob.... 

• Like 1

Perlon arrived this morning and went straight onto one of my watches I went to fasten it and its not long enough for my manly wrists so I cant wear it .... gutted :(

Guest davidbspalding
Perlon arrived this morning and went straight onto one of my watches I went to fasten it and its not long enough for my manly wrists so I cant wear it .... gutted 

Simple. Eulit makes longer length perlon straps. Some with a ladder-style buckle that lets you customize the length of the band.

Maybe because it was a cheap one but not a fan of perlon now.
Very comfortable at first but found that keep putting the 'pin' in the same comfortable position tends to loosen the weave of the strap
so it's no longer comfortable. All in my personal opinion of course.
Rob.... 

Easy fix. After wearing, stretch the weave out a bit around where the buckle was, then pull the band along the long axis again to even it out. Soaking in warm water before may help with stiff weaves. As mentioned, straps with a ladder buckle let you adjust the length so that the hole from the tongue of the buckle isn't going in the same place every time. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is much more comfortable. Softer. You have to affix it pretty tight though because of this. It so at least with mine. I like it. Don't love, but is far better than the standard nylon as you pointed out.