• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
pandyboy

Left or Right Hand

I'm exactly the same. Just feels right for me. Although when I'm playing guitar I swap it to my left so I don't scratch my guitar. 

I'm a mess.  I have always written left handed, but always paint right.  I throw darts left handed, throw balls overarm left handed, but bowl in cricket or ten-pin bowling right.  I play tennis right handed but play table tennis left.  I'm not ambidextrous because I can't easily swap hands for each task; each task has a specific hand.

Unfortunate circumstances and a very nasty accident few years back severely damaged my right hand and wrist to such a degree that I was unable to use it for the best part of two years.  In that time I pretty much managed to learn to go (mostly) fully left handed.

The only thing I could not swap, and never have been able to, is wearing my watch.  It goes on my right wrist, always will do, in spite of any discomfort it induces...

J

• Like 1

Similarly to @JimboJames1972, I write, play darts, snooker, tennis, type, paint, screw :yes:, shoot, fish all left handed.

However, I play golf, cricket, turn wood & wear a watch all right handed.

Does this make Jimbo & me a Savant. ?  :yes:

Same here, I'm right handed but have always worn watches on my right wrist. I have an extra excuse because I only have peripheral vision in my left eye (detached retina), so it's always easier for me to focus on objects that are to my right.

i used to hold my pint in my left hand because i smoked with my right - i no longer smoke and now hold my pint glass in right hand.

• Like 2

doesn't the crown position feel a bit wrong if wearing on the right hand?

do they make watches to be worn on the right hand (the same as per say left handed scissors)?

I guess if you swap it would. However I've always worn on the right so it feels natural. When I wear on the left it geeks wrong and kinda like I'm unbalanced.

16 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

do they make watches to be worn on the right hand (the same as per say left handed scissors)?

hey does not Tudor make a watch for right hands or one which the crown would be towards the palm ? the new  LHD Tudor pelagos ?

deano

https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/pelagos/m25610tnl-0001

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

+1 what pandyboy said. With the watch on your right wrist, there's also no chance of the crown digging into the back of your hand. How often do you actually use the crown whilst wearing the watch anyway? I can't remember ever doing so. Chronograph and backlight pushers are simple to use with either hand.

I have seen a couple of 'right handed' watches but they are a rare species. Not enough demand I suppose.

18 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

I find the crown pointing up my arm and away from my wrist to be more comfortable than when it points towards my wrist.  Wearing watches with crowns at the traditional 3 o'clock on my right wrist means I can bend my wrist back as far as I ever need to and not have the crown digging in.

The only downside to this orientation is when I wear my vintage mechanicals and try to wind the crown while wearing the watch.  It is not impossible to do, but would be a lot easier if I had either the watch on my left wrist, or if the crown was at 9 o'clock.

For my autos and quartz watches it is not an issue.

J

23 hours ago, pandyboy said:

Ok I'm right handed and wear my watch on the same hand. I know I'm supposed to wear it on my left but it has never felt right. Anyone else do this?

Yup, exactly the same here. Don't know why a watch doesn't feel right on my left hand but it just plain does not. 

Yup, exactly the same here. Don't know why a watch doesn't feel right on my left hand but it just plain does not. 

We need a club the right handed righties or something a little less lame!

Either would do......but more out of harms way on the  left. :thumbsup:

Edited by RWP

Always wore on the left until about 2 months ago, when I decided to wear on the right because I wanted to be able to admire my watches while driving :laugh:

I have always worn mine on my right wrist until I got my Breitling this week - it's so bloody heavy that I wear it on my left wrist so it's out of the way!!! 

• Like 1

Similar story here. Mostly right handed for sports but left handed for eating, writing, etc. 

Watch goes on my left,again, the Crown pointing at my hand feels right, plus the old adage of being able to work the crown without having to dislocate any appendages is a bonus.... 

Of course anyone wearing on the right with crown pointing to the elbow shouldn't be trusted. Its a well know secret indicator for those planning world domination.  True fact.