• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Iceblue

Update praetorian review with new owner

So as some are aware this watch was originally a review watch that some members reviwed and then offered up as a competition watch by Roy , and it was won by one of the member but unfortunatly they didn't bond with it , so after a message we agreed trade with funds going to charity and the deal was done 

first impressions it's a chunky watch with a heavy feel to it on the wrist , the NATO strap that it came with didn't work for me so I changed it for a leather brown strap instead , the case and bezel is nice and crisp with a brushed finished and the bezel insert is different as in the marking arrows at 1-3-5-7 and so on , 

the only thing that I don't like is the mini small date wheel window but the amazing lume makes up for it the blue , orange ,and green colours make it look very attractive in the darkness 

visualy its ranked in my opinion side by side with the marathan tsar watch 

would I spend £300-£400 on a new one yes but only knowing what I no now and as long as it was the automatic version 

4D9B4F01-5DB8-47A1-ACDB-024292E2F3EE_zps

• Like 4

I totally agree re the date window. I found it pointless when I reviewed it. In most light it was unreadable for me. That was probably the only thing other than price I thought let it down. Nice built beast but I still think a bit richly priced for my mind at £300-400. But what do I know....-) enjoy.

• Like 1

So a month down the road and the @praetorian watch is a cracker , the lume at night is impressive H3 Trigalights (GTLS = gaseous tritium light source) The darker it gets the brighter they seem to be , it's a chunky watch that sits proud on the wrist and stands out I am still not a massive fan of the date window very small and you have to look for the date not just browse to see it , apart from that a great watch that's getting plenty off wrist time :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, hughlle said:

I'm probably setting myself up for ridicule here.. but where is the date window?

I think it might be underneath the minute hand mate - Just shows how small it is :laugh:

Here's a better pic:

praetorian_002_037.jpg

Edited by Davey P
wrong hand + photo added
  • Like 1

On 22 January 2017 at 21:44, hughlle said:

I'm probably setting myself up for ridicule here.. but where is the date window?

Yep didn't realise the hand was in the way , a better pic showing the date :thumbsup:

FB018460-86F2-42F0-BCED-39EDA586F587_zps