• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
ericp

Drinking & The Booze Bags Thread

We have a smoking discussion...

What about drink.

I drink too much...... 1/2 a bottle of wine (red) most evenings when settling down with Mrs. Eric.

At what point do I become an alcoholic ?

Regards.

- E - B)

Eric,

That's not a lot. I used to drink to excess. I'd drink anything. I was heading for big trouble. I stopped over 4 years ago, and never had a drop since.

I found it hard for a year, but now it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I also lost a lot of weight.

Believe me though.........I've had some fun with the booze!! :o

I wouldn't worry at half a bottle a night. It's only equivalent in alcohol terms to about 2 pints of beer, if that. :)

Guest neil

By government health standards any more than 28 units a week (4 a day) for a man is putting you at a health risk.

I must admit to a liking for a Stella followed by a couple of glasses of Laphroaig of an evening while the wife enjoys her chardonnay.

Just about the limit, but if we go out !!!!! :o

Cheers,

Neil.

I read somewhere that a glass of red wine every night lessens the chance of heart disease.

As for me I don't drink. Not for any particular moral reasons, I just never developed a taste for it. A small glass of Champaigne with Christmas dinner is about it for me.

Maybe it's too much, I don't know, but I drink a bottle of white most evenings - mind you, I feel fit as a fiddle!.

G.

Ok, so I want to know what you all are drinking tonight on this forum.

I started this on TZ-UK and want to see if you can beat them. Me, it's Sam Adams, a nice domestic beer. I'm in Houston texas btw. And I'm having some nice Citadel Gin on the rocks. So tell me what you are drinking, or what you drank(sic) last night since I'm in another timezone.

Peace,

Stependh

err,, hic I mean Stephen

three pints of Stella Artois lager, two pints of Carling lager, one tequila vodka and Redbull and a kofte kebab :D:lol:

good traditional friday night

I had a couple of "K" ciders. It's an English cider, but I don't remember seeing it when I've been over there. The higher than normal alcohol content means you can only buy it in a liquor store.

Went to a family do last night. The bar didn't have guinness so had to drink Stella. My head hurts this morning! Probably more to do with the half a dozen or so single malts I had when I got back home!

I'm lucky, I only had 3 cans last night. I feel OK. However, my wife came in at 12am in a right state from her Xmas meal, ringing the doorbell when I was asleep, throwing up everywhere. I've never seen her in such a state. It reminded me not to drink too much when I go for my Xmas meal next Thursday.

cheers

Dave

Last night, 2 bottles Becks, and a Spanish brandy for a night cap.

K cider is also a favourite , pale ,very dry + strong, comes in a black tin, highly recommended.

Nostalgia time, any one else remember those favourites of under-age youth of the 70's, namely Barley wine + QC British sherry(+ Players No. 6), are they still avaliable, and what would be your reaction if you tried them now ?

D.

Went out in Guisley (North Leeds) for the first time in my life last night.

Ended up in bar above a Chinese takeaway (!), consumed 1 gin and tonic,

5 pints of Stella, 2 dry white wines and a large neat vodka. Never again......

BTW you know those food cravings when you get home? I couldn't find anything tasty, like a burger, kebab or curry so ate a whole bag of dried spinach which is kept for the rabbit :D:D:D:D:D:D

Good stuff guys, hard to find Stella here in the US. But I love Belgian ale.

To answer my own question of what are you drinking tonight: Too much.

My head hurts. How many times have you said "never do that again" and then you do. I wonder if there is a corelation in having an compulsive behavior. I'm obsessive about watches and go over the top there, and can do the same with food and drink. But just on Fridays and tonight I'm not drinking anything, but there is still one bottle of ale in the fridge :rolleyes:

Good on you Texas

The Saturday morning hangover is a tradition here!

The Stella we drink here is brewed in the UK ... its good but headache material ... not as subtle as the Belgian brewed version! More suited to our limey habits ... pints ... quickly drunk!

:D

Excuse me if this has been done before.

Whats you favourite drink,or the one you drink most regular?

I am not a big drinker thesedays.But I do like real ale,Adams Broadside is a fav smile.gif

biggrin.gif My family on my mother's side come from Southwold where Adnams is brewed so I'm genetically programmed to like it. SSB is a current favourite.

Other than that, so many to choose from! Hoegaarden (wheat beer), Pilsner Urquell or Staropramen or Beer Lao (pils/lager) and Stella/Kronenberg for the most regularly drunk.

Broadside is a lovely drink,smooth and strong,no horrible aftertaste.I like Stella,that is my going out drink biggrin.gif

Got to agree with Neil on the Laphroaig, but mostly its Guiness, Bathams and Old Hooky for beer. Tiger, Coors light, Bud Ice, Corona, MGD for chillin out.

Any Belgian beer and Bombay Sapphire over ice to smooth out the dents of a s***ty day.

Christ my livers just fainted at the sight of this list. biggrin.gif

I used to be a big whisky drinker,but not much these days.Whilst in Scotland though I found a BLENDED,yes you heard me right,that was as good as any malt I have drunk.They even do mail order.Called Loch Fyne smile.gif

Gave up booze over 5 years ago. Best thing I did. Lost loads of weight, and put on loads of extra cash!! ohmy.gifcool.gifsmile.gif

favourite drinks now:-

Sainsbury's diet ginger beer

Sainsbury's diet dandelion and burdock

diet coke

diet coke with lemon

very cold skimmed milk

some alcohol free lagers with nil ethanol punk.gif