• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
ericp

Drinking & The Booze Bags Thread

Laphroaig

Balvinie

Strathisla

Macallan

Talisker

Glengoyne

Glenmorangie

Cragganmore

Highland Park

and a few others tongue.gif

Have a bottle of most of the above, but haven't had a sip for more than a year... Not as much fun sad.gif but feeling much better for it. smile.gif

Never liked blended, but Loch Fyne sounds worth trying... maybe one day. Just one?

You like your malts biggrin.gif

Please try Loch Fyne,forget every crappy blended you have tasted,nothing compares.It is drinkable,smooth,lots of tastes going on,and best of all cheap!!! biggrin.gif

I bet that bottle of JD must be vacuum sealed, or it would evaporate! Lovely stuff JD...

Mywife and I went camping in Scotland in 1998. We were sleeping under a tent with 12 bottles of single malt smile.gif ! Bought a bottle of JD Single Barrel for my mother in law's friend for Christmas: we scored quite a few points!

JD is unopened,bought it a few years back,it was a limited edition thing,bottle round not square,like the first ones produced by JD.Cork stopper. smile.gif

taz.gif What does an englishman living in scotland of irish ancestery drink?

Irish single malt (Bushmills 12 year old export reserve) or Old Midleton but not very often at £65 a bottle.

taz.gif What does an englishman living in scotland of irish ancestery drink?

Irish single malt (Bushmills 12 year old export reserve) or Old Midleton but not very often at £65 a bottle.

My wifes family are Irish,I get to drink Paddy,Bushmills and Jamesons,Blackbush,all very nice. smile.gif

Paddy, yum... smile.gif

Old Middleton... Yum!! smile.gifsmile.gif ! I usually convince my dad to buy a bottle and drink it when I visit! Only ever bought 2 bottles myself, still worthit I think. I visited the Jameson distillery in Cork and got this cheesy Irish Whisky taster certificate!!

(don't remember how many distilleries I visited, but Jameson is the only one tha gave me a certificate! Most worth the visit are Balvenie, Strathisla, Macallan, Cragganmore... and a few I'm forgetting and those I haven't seen yet)

Alex, keep that JD unopened, until I come and visit you together with my Raketa on a red strap! cheers.gif

Beer, Any, smile.gifsmile.gif , in my experience the futher Sarf you go the worse it get's and the futher north you go the better it get's as a rule of thumb.

Larger at a push, buit best of all if you want a drink in a bottle its got to be Newcastle Brown Ale, biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif . fred.

Guess I'm the only cider drinker then? Woodchuck, "K", Strongbow, Woodpecker. I'm a big fan of Jim Beam, Makers Mark and most gins too.

Can't stand Gin, got very ill on it one night.

Mainly drink Lager (Stella, Charlie, KB1664 etc) out of bottles when the weathers hot (fridge in the garage just for beer). Guiness when weather is warm and whisky when weather is cold.

We visited Glen Kinchie distillery near Edinburgh a few years ago. Free tour (out of season) and free drinks at the end. As they are part of a big comglomerate there was all sorts to try. I was driving but the 710 got smashed! laugh.gif

I like most whiskey's I'm not a single malt snob, even like Bells laugh.gif Has to be the 8 year old though! laugh.gif

Oh also like most wine (except champagne and other sparkly stuff) In fact not a lot I wont drink really.

Used to drink lager by the bucket load when younger. Always finished the night off with a can of special brew and a bottle of barley wine in the same glass and a double whiskey chaser!

then legged it home and mum would cook some chips! Why did I ever grow up and leave home?

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Drunk 4 cans of Special brew when I was 15,me and a mate liberated them from his dads garage.The dad was a p**s head.Had to have 2 days off school ph34r.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif