• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
SBryantgb

I'm six for fifteen

In other words we are 15 days into the new year... the first month, and I have already purchased six watches. I don't think I have ever purchased so many so quickly. (Didn't even buy six in the last half of 2016.) I am hoping someone here has bought more. :yes:

So far 

Mido

Services

Avia

La Generale

Bulova.

:huh::swoon:

Edited by SBryantgb
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SBryantgb said:

In other words we are 15 days into the new year... the first month, and I have already purchased six watches. I don't think I have ever purchased so many so quickly. (Didn't even buy six in the last half of 2016.) I am hoping someone here has bought more. :yes:

So far 

Mido

Services

Avia

La Generale

Bulova.

:huh::swoon:

Guilty.......perfectly normal behaviour. :biggrin:

• Like 1

A couple of years ago I would have called you a lightweight ! I think my record was 20 in a month.Not so now, as I have definite goals. But if you like them and can afford them, go for it. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Five for me so far, but some have to go. :( My pledge you see. One in one out, only it hasn't been working that way.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AVO said:

Nope. Not a one. Totally happy with what I have at the moment.:biggrin:

Same here, also I have home improvements which are demanding much of my finances. 

• Like 1

None this year, had some land that had been ordered and paid for last year.

keep getting tempted but trying to resist unless they are ones that I have been looking for.

• Like 1

6 incoming is a top effort. I've looked at plenty but not bought any yet. if memory serves me correctly I only had 3 incoming last year. A cheap Casio digital, a hudson Instalite which is NOS condition, but stopped running after a week so probably needs a service & the bulova accutron 2 snorkel from Roy (great watch).

I'm lucky enough to own a few I can call on to vary my wear and am probably going to attempt to thin down the collection to assist in paying some service costs on my keepers. Up to press I've never actually managed to bring myself to sell any of my collection apart from the garmin GPS watch, so this may not happen.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Guilty.......perfectly normal behaviour. :biggrin:

Thank heavens  :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, Mr Levity said:

A couple of years ago I would have called you a lightweight ! I think my record was 20 in a month.Not so now, as I have definite goals. But if you like them and can afford them, go for it. :thumbsup:

The months days not over yet :sadwalk:

Edited by SBryantgb
  • Like 1

Yea go you :clap::clap: did you say in another thread you needed another watch box or was it two more :laugh:

nothing incoming for me yet as I want to save up to buy something decent  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

Yea go you :clap::clap: did you say in another thread you needed another watch box or was it two more :laugh:

nothing incoming for me yet as I want to save up to buy something decent  

I think I said three might be difficult to explain to MrsSB... I got away with No2 as an order screw up :yes: And I'm heading into three territory :sadwalk:

• Like 1

I've just bought another watch  box and you , you, keep buying or bidding on stuff I need or want . Pack it in :biggrin: :thumbsup:.

• Like 2

all dive watches starting to look the same, chrono's too busy.  :sign_what:

got a sports watch and a work one and a weekday and a weekend and a pocket watch and a family one and a dress one - can see anything i want at the moment that doesn't duplicate what i have - may have to sell a couple to get the juices going again ...

9 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Five for me so far, but some have to go. :( My pledge you see. One in one out, only it hasn't been working that way.

Same here but only three in.

None for me so far this year.  Finances a bit stretched due to HMRC and house buying.  Luckily I have the collection I wanted so not unhappy overall. 

1 hour ago, RWP said:

Blimey Steve :notworthy:      At my worst that would be good going :whistle:

looks like that 3rd box is going to happen. These two are full with 3 incoming :swoon:

c3.jpg

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SBryantgb said:

looks like that 3rd box is going to happen. These two are full with 3 incoming :swoon:

c3.jpg

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

Personally I would order 2, correction 3 (discount on multiples), save on having 'future' loose watches without a home. :tumbleweed:

• Like 1

Just now, Karrusel said:

Personally I would order 2, correction 3 (discount on multiples), save on having 'future' loose watches without a home. :tumbleweed:

Your thinking is very sound, in fact I could simply be collecting boxes.... I could explain to MrsSB I like the boxes more than watches :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Not wrong.  I had an interesting conversation with my other half.   The ten watch box I ordered turned up in a much larger packing box so eyebrows were raised until I unpacked ....

sorry , nothing like that many, poss two, a cheap piece of tat, but the other , well it may be my last for a while, "but famous last words"!!:biggrin:

deano

gorgeous boxes steve by the way

Edited by deano1956