• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JimboJames1972

Freshly Serviced :-)

Last week I sent my lovely Seiko "Speedy" (7a38-7070) off to Sir Alan for a bit of tlc.

It was working ok, but the previous owner had neglected it a fair bit. The bezel was totally, utterly jammed (turned out it was probably glued?), the crystal had a few scratches, as did the bezel insert.  Pushers functioned, but were exceptionally stiff, and the battery area showed signs of a possible earlier leak.

However, the man is a genius.  A very patient genius, with very steady hands, by all accounts. Brand new bezel insert and crystal were sourced, the bezel itself was de-gummed and freed and every single component was stripped, cleaned, lubed (where needed), hands re-limed and everything reassembled. He was kind enough to send regular emails with photos attached at each step of the way.

Now it looks as good as new!   It's the silly little details, like getting each of the hands to line up absolutely bang on, that make this restoration so brilliant.

It is now sitting very pretty on my wrist while I enjoy a glass of red, a chunk of cheese and some fresh, home baked bread. Quartz Wednesday, bring it on ;-)

Seiko 7a38-7080(2)

J

• Like 6

Great results Jimbo - looks fantastic mate 

Edited by LFB
Corrected text