• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JimboJames1972

The Seagull Has Landed

1 hour ago, hughlle said:

I questioned this before. Something to do with movement not matching the dial or something.

It would appear after more reading you may well be right as is mach. The originals had 19 jewels and the 19 jewels on the re-released dial is a copy of the original. There is a reference to a limited run that may have 19 jewels but the rest all seem to be 21 jewels.

Simple solution is mach could count the jewels in his watch :laugh:

On 22/01/2017 at 14:23, Damo516 said:

19 jewels @mach 0.0013137 from what I read earlier - Zuan = jewels

I gather there were 19 & 21 jewel versions of the cal. St.19 movement & that some examples  of this watch had 19 Zuan on the dial but were actually fitted with the 21 jewelled movement hence my listing :) 

• Like 1

Considering that we are on the subject, why in the name of all that is holy do the dials have "ZUAN" on them? I have bellyached about this before and will continue to do so until I receive a satisfactory answer!:nono: I liked the model enough to purchase one, but it would have been better aesthetically without the Latin script, surely?

Later,
William

Edited by William_Wilson

16 minutes ago, William_Wilson said:

Considering that we are on the subject, why in the name of all that is holy do the dials have "ZUAN" on them? I have bellyached about this before and will continue to do so until I receive a satisfactory answer!:nono: I liked the model enough to purchase one, but it would have been better aesthetically without the Latin script, surely?

Later,
William

William, why don`t you take one of those blue pills the nice Doctor gave you & have a little rest on the sofa, you know  it`ll help you feel much better :yes:

1 minute ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

William, why don`t you take one of those blue pills the nice Doctor gave you & have a little rest on the sofa, you know  it`ll help you feel much better :yes:

Popular culture would have us believe that blue pills have little to do with resting. :biggrin:

Later,
William

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, William_Wilson said:

Popular culture would have us believe that blue pills have little to do with resting. :biggrin:

Later,
William

That`s just a sneaky plan by the powers that be to make people who want to get high calm down instead :Snore: :laugh:

Does anyone have experience of buying these new lately? There seems to be quite a price difference between Poljot and Watchunique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchUnique ones are acrylic crystal versions only, they come on nylon NATO and you pay extra for the display back.

Poljot.de ones are sapphire crystal front and back as standard and comes on a leather strap.

Saying that though, that is still a pretty big price difference...

J

Many thanks. I quite like the look of the acrylic but, conversely, the Watchunique back has a load of print all over it. Maybe I'll wait until SC opens up and let someone else make the choice for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from the writing on the display back, is the acrylic from WatchUnique identical to that from Poljot24? 

I am finding it hard to see that avoiding a bit of unwelcome writing on the back of the watch justifies Poljot24's 20% price premium, but there may be other subtle differences that do.

Mine is the same case back as on the Poljot24 site - it has etched inscriptions in the metal surrounding the crystal back and the crystal is clear.  There is no red printing on the crystal, as there is in the WatchUnique images, but this might just be a protective plastic sticker? 

J

10 hours ago, Francis Urquhart said:

Aside from the writing on the display back, is the acrylic from WatchUnique identical to that from Poljot24? 

I am finding it hard to see that avoiding a bit of unwelcome writing on the back of the watch justifies Poljot24's 20% price premium, but there may be other subtle differences that do.

Poljot24's price premium is worth it from the after sales point of view. Believe me. :yes:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Poljot24's price premium is worth it from the after sales point of view. Believe me. :yes:

Thanks indeed - that is precisely the sort of information I was hoping for.

“There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey.”

• Like 2