• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
myrolexuk

Your favourite car you have owned

6 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

You need to pay Romeo a visit for a bit more pep although the price is a bit eyewatering at getting on for £50K

:laugh: :laugh:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/244-hp-abarth-500-cinquone-corsa-by-romeo-ferraris-is-mighty-impressive-photo-gallery-89988.html

Just as an asides are those Akrapovic exhaust cans road legal ???? There is one in our carpark at work and it sounds way to loud for the Plods to ignore.

I wondered this myself after I heard it :) but as it is sold as standard so I assume so

It is actually much louder in sport mode (there is a valve that opens) so I assume that helps

The only difference (power wise) between the XSR and the 180 bhp comp model is the map, for a very modest outlay there are companies that will easily achieve 200bhp with a simple remap 

To be honest when you drive it with some enthusiasm you dont need much more power, it is pretty impressive standard (and keeps warranty valid)

Edited by Montybaber

like girl friends i've loved them all all wonderful until they break down or rust up.  

• Haha 1

No definite favourite over the years but I have a fondness for all of these (in no particular order) & would love to own all of these again (except for the Marina!):

Reliant SS1 - my current "silly" car, externally standard(ish) but actually much modified with a more powerful engine, uprated brakes, adjustable suspension, polyurethane bushes etc. It's a hoot to drive :) 
0oznNHP.jpg

Micra 1.3GX - mildly modified with a 30mm drop (shorter springs, standard shocks), strutbrace & slightly fatter alloys - surprisingly nippy & much more chuckable with the mods (bit wobbly without), was extremely reliable & brilliant in the snow.
O5PzixZ.jpg

Midas Bronze mini based kit car - owned for some years as my only car, great fun to drive, surprisingly practical & pretty quick once I changed the original 1000cc A series engine for a 1275A+. Needed a fair bit of upkeep (greasing suspension etc) but I loved it really :clap:
56ZIueF.jpg

Astra 2.2sri - well built, reliable, good handling, huge boot & fast. Ultimately though it was a little bland (especially the interior) - was a good car though.
A7Wre3B.jpg

Lancia Delta HF Turbo - fast & fragile best sums it up. An absolute hoot to drive when it wasn't going wrong (which was rare) - inevitably I sold it due to rust problems & the constant expense. I miss it though :(
CQgdlPQ.jpg

Ford Bronco 2.9V6 - Utterly ridiculous! Was left hand drive & the biggest car (both engine wise & physical size wise) I've ever owned, it was probably the slowest & wasn't particularly roomy inside either (only 4 seats). Didn't keep it long but did like it - I eventually swapped it for a poverty spec Peugeot 106 which I sold for more than I'd bought the Bronco for.... :swoon:
cLU8l1p.jpg

Audi Quattro 2.2 - I know it's not the angular 80's original but it was a fantastic car - lots of grunt, 5 cylinder engine sounded like a V8 & it had 4 wheel drive to boot - I'd love another. Eventually it went wrong & no one knew what was wrong with it (pre-OBD) - hence I sold it for a pittance :( 
ErjLdo7.jpg

Honourable mentions: I don't have a photo of these I'm afraid but my very first car was a Morris Marina 1800 - bit of a change after learning to drive in my Dad's Lancia Delta (1.5). I hated it & after discovering that most of it was filler I p/x'ed for a 1981 Toyota Celica (4 rectangular headlights) 1600ST. I loved this car every bit as much as I hated the Marina. It started a thing for me & Celica's as I owned 3 of them one after the other: the original 1600 + 2 Celica GT's both of which had 2 litre twin cam's under the bonnet - great engines in a good car. One of the GT's was a complete dog whilst the other was a peach & very nice car indeed. I'll have another of these to go with the Quattro & SS1 please :clap:  

Edited by pauluspaolo

Romantically a gold Jag XJS I owned. I woke up with a flat battery, the lass I was with had switched the heated seat on with her knee...objectively my S550 AMG. Subjectively and reminiscently my 928'S2  

Favourite car thats a tough one. Being old I have owned loads if cars.

Daimler double six V12 so smooth and powerful. You could actually see the fuel gauge going down.

Porsche 928 S2.

Porsche 911 2.4ltr Targa which some old woman ran into and wrote off.

Going to go with my 911 Turbo with G50 gearbox, the last of the proper air cooled Turbos.

fa9e4f48f3ca913d7f5581c4319cc85c.jpg7af51537f8fcfef2bfcc714c98d7f16c.jpg9c29b3ce82fc111c364357830f2e2b1d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 23/10/2017 at 14:48, Cyclops930 said:

Favourite car thats a tough one. Being old I have owned loads if cars.

Daimler double six V12 so smooth and powerful. You could actually see the fuel gauge going down.

Porsche 928 S2.

Porsche 911 2.4ltr Targa which some old woman ran into and wrote off.

Going to go with my 911 Turbo with G50 gearbox, the last of the proper air cooled Turbos.

fa9e4f48f3ca913d7f5581c4319cc85c.jpg7af51537f8fcfef2bfcc714c98d7f16c.jpg9c29b3ce82fc111c364357830f2e2b1d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

What a car...

• Like 1

These are mine from the last 10 years... Audi S3 

a9be1bc5.jpg

Porsche Boxster AA41B8B0-DB44-4598-BC41-DDC2C44F5A7E.jpg

Audi RS4 c0bab906d8e19fe3fecb95cd2df7a62b.jpg

My pride and joy Porsche 911 Turbo with my daily driver little Smarty Pants F125B94C-5750-4CF8-946F-B7A9ADD8ABD2.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/24/2017 at 12:04, SBryantgb said:

A series 2 XJ6. It wasn't the best car I have ever own, but I remember it with the fondest memories :yes:. At the time I was 21yrs old and the Jag 10. It took me all over the country. Lasted two years then failed MOT so I moved it on and bought another :thumbsup:

jaguar-xj6-06.jpg

where are you steve btw? i know ive been absent but like a bad apple i keep turning up you've vanished!